Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Ok, thank you! *fingers crossed*
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I think generally there are- in our first week there were lots of people randomly sleeping in spare shared studies and things and they all ended up with somewhere to live.

Maybe ask what happens just in case, so you know?

(Beaten to it, lol)
Reply 22
im just wondering how long does it usually take to move out of temporary accomodation cos i don't wanna be sleeping in the study area of a shared study room for too long! and just wondering how likely is the room to be in the hall?
Reply 23
No one can give you a straight answer to this as there is no straight answer to give but we expect you will only be in the temp room for 2 weeks.
This space is the study area between two bedrooms.

Am I sleeping in the corridor or something?????
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think i am one of the over booked people .... Here is my story:

I didnt get into my first choice which was nottingham... but i got in via clearing, i had already sorted out accom for my first choice and stuff which is in uni park!

I got a bit rubbish results for the course i wanted and so i went via clearing through to nottingham on results day i got that all cleared up and sorted i also wrang the accommodation department and said would my accomm place still be valid andi got a thumbs up so i was happy and it was all sorted, up until this week when i didnt know when to pay or who to pay for it then i got a bit hit in the face with the thing 'your not on our books' reply to my email and so i messaged back saying that i was told my current application was fine ect and all i got back was they will find me a place by friday..........

Im so mad, as i DO NOT wanna be off campus... its far away from the night life and its much more expensive in getting around and generally much crappier for the first year.................

And what was to top it off i got the email at the end of the day so by time i figured i needed to ring they were shut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So ive been so screwed over by them and im so mad, and it doesnt help my dad has kicked off about it all either!!!!

=(

:mad: :mad: :mad:
If you're off campus it doesn't mean you're away from the nightlife..because all the nightlife is off campus!
Also it's not much crappier, it's pretty much the same. In fact, it's also cheaper than living in halls.
Apologies that you didn't get on uni park, but now the best thing you can do is just deal with it and start looking for somewhere to live. I met a fresher the other day on campus who'd come to the SU unipol thing to look for a place, and yeh he was a bit sad that he wouldn't be living on campus but he was very excited about coming to uni, being part of the uni and finding a place wherever.
Reply 27
Carnageshan
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think i am one of the over booked people .... Here is my story:

I didnt get into my first choice which was nottingham... but i got in via clearing, i had already sorted out accom for my first choice and stuff which is in uni park!

I got a bit rubbish results for the course i wanted and so i went via clearing through to nottingham on results day i got that all cleared up and sorted i also wrang the accommodation department and said would my accomm place still be valid andi got a thumbs up so i was happy and it was all sorted, up until this week when i didnt know when to pay or who to pay for it then i got a bit hit in the face with the thing 'your not on our books' reply to my email and so i messaged back saying that i was told my current application was fine ect and all i got back was they will find me a place by friday..........

Im so mad, as i DO NOT wanna be off campus... its far away from the night life and its much more expensive in getting around and generally much crappier for the first year.................

And what was to top it off i got the email at the end of the day so by time i figured i needed to ring they were shut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So ive been so screwed over by them and im so mad, and it doesnt help my dad has kicked off about it all either!!!!

=(

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I make absolutely no promises but if you call us up and ask to speak to me, I will look at your case and see if there is anything that can be done. I might just be reitirating the same message but it's worth a shot.
Reply 28
Sorry to hear that.. sent you a pm
I will more than likely need it since I was in the same boat and through forced circumstances, had to suck up to my dad so hes sorta forcing me to reconsider/retry going to nottingham as i had severe visa issues
waiting on his $$ then the visa to clear, hope to know before registration deadline.

Latest

Trending

Trending