The Student Room Group

Final apprenticeship interview with examiner

I'm finally completing my level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship and will have a final exit interview (of sorts) with the examiner (BCS). I'll then receive my grade a few days later where I'm hoping for a distinction. The interview's tomorrow and will last for 1 to 1.5 hours. My skills coach sent me a few tips via email. But does anyone have any tips or experiences with examiners and these kind of interviews? Especially would be helpful to hear from others who have done the same apprenticeship and had the interview!

Original post by placeintime
I'm finally completing my level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship and will have a final exit interview (of sorts) with the examiner (BCS). I'll then receive my grade a few days later where I'm hoping for a distinction. The interview's tomorrow and will last for 1 to 1.5 hours. My skills coach sent me a few tips via email. But does anyone have any tips or experiences with examiners and these kind of interviews? Especially would be helpful to hear from others who have done the same apprenticeship and had the interview!

Hi there! :smile:

Is this the End Point Assessment interview? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
Hi there! :smile:

Is this the End Point Assessment interview? :smile:

Hi :smile:

Yes - that's the correct term!
Hi :smile:

Yes - that's the correct term!

Ah great!

Have you seen this article: https://nowskills.co.uk/apprenticeship-end-point-assessment/ it might help put things into perspective a little (unless it's stuff you already know!)

I wonder if @Chris2892 would be able to offer any insight on EPA? :smile:
Reply 4
Ah great!

Have you seen this article: https://nowskills.co.uk/apprenticeship-end-point-assessment/ it might help put things into perspective a little (unless it's stuff you already know!)

I've just had a read through, thanks for the article! :smile:
Ah great!

Hey,

First and foremost, congratulations on reaching your end point assessment!

Your examiner/interviewer for your level 3 End Point Assessment should be external, so not employed by the apprenticeship provider.
This means the processes you’ll be discussing will be somewhat new to them.

As a technician it would be a really good opportunity to bring as many physical representations of the projects/jobs that you’ve worked on to the interview. That being parts/tools/components and even documents such as drawings.

It should help the assessor understand the level of work you’re undertaking better. Additionally, you could use these as discussion cues that help you structure your interview so that it flows well. You’ll also have physical proof of your work.

Hope this helps!
I've just had a read through, thanks for the article! :smile:

No worries, Chris has just provided a great response above (in case you don't get the notification for his post!) :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Chris2892
Hey,

First and foremost, congratulations on reaching your end point assessment!

Your examiner/interviewer for your level 3 End Point Assessment should be external, so not employed by the apprenticeship provider.
This means the processes you’ll be discussing will be somewhat new to them.

As a technician it would be a really good opportunity to bring as many physical representations of the projects/jobs that you’ve worked on to the interview. That being parts/tools/components and even documents such as drawings.

It should help the assessor understand the level of work you’re undertaking better. Additionally, you could use these as discussion cues that help you structure your interview so that it flows well. You’ll also have physical proof of your work.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it! :smile:

All I have is my portfolio/synoptic project/employer reference to go on. I don't have access to any tools or any company resources that I used, I was made redundant recently. Are these 3 documents enough to talk about? Thanks :smile:
Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it! :smile:

All I have is my portfolio/synoptic project/employer reference to go on. I don't have access to any tools or any company resources that I used, I was made redundant recently. Are these 3 documents enough to talk about? Thanks :smile:

Sorry to hear that.
Yes that will be fine, I’m sure the assessor will be more than understanding. They’ll most likely be more lenient on the credibility of evidence given the circumstances.
Reply 9
Original post by Chris2892
Sorry to hear that.
Yes that will be fine, I’m sure the assessor will be more than understanding. They’ll most likely be more lenient on the credibility of evidence given the circumstances.

Thank you :smile:

Hey placeintime I'm currently undergoing the same apprenticeship as you .could you please send me a support a fellow apprentice and send me a pm:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending