The Student Room Group

Private/External Candidates

Hi,

I'm looking for some information and advice on taking AS and A2 exams as an external candidate in January.

I want to retake 5 units, Edexcel politics unit 4, AQA Sociology unit 4 and OCR History units 3, 4 and 5.

I was wondering if anyone has experience of doing this. Mainly I want to know where I can find a centre where I can take the exams near where I live (North West Kent) and what kind of paperwork etc will need to be done so that I end up with a full A level grade with the new grades I get replacing the old ones.

Also as I have absoluteley no experience of this, is it feasible to revise for the 5 units I have chosen by January?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks
From Jen
:smile:
First of all, there have been numerous threads on this topic posted before, so I would search those for a more comprehensive answer.
If you contact the exam boards they should be able to provide information on local exam centres. Just register yourself with them, then you have to go there come exam time to sit your papers, and you can collect your results from there.
Reply 2
Thanks for your help, i've made some progress using your info.

I've looked through the other posts and they are helpful but I can't find an answer regarding what will need to be done so my new unit marks will replace my old ones. Is there anything special that needs to be done?

Thanks
from Jen.
:smile:

Latest