The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i got my car insured for £844 fully comp with directline...bargain!
Reply 41
22198doyle
Your a girl and get insurance at like half the price of us males.

Aww, sucks to be you. :p:
My first insurance at Christmas was just over £800 TPFT, plus a little more for paying monthly, on a 51plate Vauxhall Corsa, 1.2l engine, in South London. This included my Mum as a named driver (they said I had to have one, even though I told them she'd hardly ever drive it), and 'free' breakdown cover from FirstCall. It's through a company called Premium Choice or something like that. I went through the phone book, comparison sites weren't cheap at all. I also hadn't passed my test (had my 3rd booked for 2 weeks later as I got the car for xmas) and asked them to ensure there would be no increase in premium when my license went from provisional to full, which they did. I found the quotes were better when I rang less well known (ie not Direct Line, Churchill etc) insurance companies and negotiated a little bit on the phone and said I had the card ready with me to pay (which was the truth).
Reply 43
Just ran a quote on a 2ltr 04 plate mondeo estate with me being an 18 year old (instead of 21, changed my DOB/pass dates) and it came back as £1200 for my own policy fully comp.
i drive a vw golf 1.4 and my dads on the insurance and hes got about 8 years ncb and we pay £1400 with cis

bastards
Reply 45
when i get my car in a few weeks it will be £2000. year 2001 or 2002 bmw 330ci.
i've got a 2002 1.3 engine ford ka and my insurance last year on direct line was £956.
Reply 47
22198doyle
Why are my quotes so high? I'm 17 and I have an 2004 1.25 fiesta finesse and I cannot get a quote for under about £2200 FOR 3RD PARTY FIRE AND THEFT lol. How do you guys get £1400 quotes for fully comp.??????? Someone please help me!

I have a 2002 fiesta finesse 1.3 and my insurance is £850 fully comp (its only for 10 months but i get a NCB after that) with elephant.co.uk. I've put both my parents on the policy so maybe try that.
Reply 48
suze0811
I have a 2002 fiesta finesse 1.3 and my insurance is £850 fully comp (its only for 10 months but i get a NCB after that) with elephant.co.uk. I've put both my parents on the policy so maybe try that.

yep tried that and my quote was £3600 lol! But thanks for trying to help me anyway.
Reply 49
Directline Kids
Reply 50
Directline Kids

whats ya mean my that?
insurance is a motherfukerrrrr
Reply 52
JC.
My first years premium was around £700.
Triumph spitfire 1500 (1.5 litre Convertible)

did you have it under classic car insurance?
My insurance was £670 fully comprehensive. It's a vauxhall corsa 1.2, 05 reg with 20,000 miles on her. I have, I'm 18 and haven't yet passed my test. The policy is under my name with my mum as a named driver, not sure if that maybe brought the cost down in any way.

At any rate, the insurance is with Elephant as it was the best price we could get.
Reply 54
v8_HEMI
did you have it under classic car insurance?

Yes.
hehe police parents as 2nd drivers makes mine fully comp on a Ka £500
Reply 56
JC.
Yes.

so whta was the company? any chance they'd consider a porsche 924 for classic car insurance, or are the really strict ?
Reply 57
Don't use comparison sites, they don't work for anyone outside the ideal insurance brackets. They're a useful marker of possible cheap insurers, but really they're a waste of time for getting a proper quote. Ring insurers and play them off against one another, then you're getting a human who'll be willing to alter the price. Online comparisons sites have all kinds of deals going on behind the scenes and rely of fairly dense computers which churn out absurd prices.
Reply 58
I just got a quote from Direct Line for £901, and thats without Pass Plus. I'm 17, and will be driving a N-reg VW Polo.

I'm happy, because from all the comparison websites i've been getting quote for £1600 which is a LOT for a girl!
Reply 59
becky.fm
I just got a quote from Direct Line for £901, and thats without Pass Plus. I'm 17, and will be driving a N-reg VW Polo.

I'm happy, because from all the comparison websites i've been getting quote for £1600 which is a LOT for a girl!

well i'd hate to see what you would have thought if you were a guy.

Latest

Trending

Trending