The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Why so much hate on Anglia Ruskin

Scroll to see replies

I bet the positive reviews are from medical students because god are they treated so well. This university capitalise is from international students and then they build facilities for the medics who are not very nice people at all. The medics are cut off from the rest of the students but are given so many privileges. They all have a superiority complex and I’ve never seen any other university institution that operates like this. ARU also provide free transport for medics to go on placement. They are also prioritised and given refurbished accommodation before anyone else. The ARU gives them a huge accommodation section so that they stick together meanwhile everyone else is scattered. ARU completely neglects the rest of us. In other words, the medical students are Anglia Ruskin's golden children. Most of them are very horrible egotistical people that like to dominate every extracurricular activity on the campus. It's a cult and it’s not normal. They are such nasty bullies that isolate you if you don’t study medicine. Don't join any extracurricular clubs/societies because the medics will bully, ignore you, and leave you out just because you’re not the medic. It's basically a delusional cult that believes medicine is the only way to success which is stupid. DO NOT STUDY HERE IF YOU DON'T STUDY MEDICINE, DON’T FUND THIS UNIVERSITY !!!!!!!!!
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
I can also complain. I got accepted in their pre-sessional the previous year, and there was something funny about it, after getting the acceptance from the admissions, he said “sorry we need to cancel your offer because we are no longer supporting the Duolingo”. I was like “What is that even possible? I got accepted, then I never heard back. in my opinion as it’s starting, it’s not a good university. The second thing when I finally heard back after 2 months, and of course that’s too long to come with a reply from the admissions, they usually come up within five working but they didn’t. I had to take a PTE exam as they asked me to do it, I got 54 band score overall, once I sent it to them to support the previous documents I got the same contradiction answer as I predicted, They said Sorry but you need 3 more points”, and Right now I’m waiting for them to answer. I hope that this time, I don’t need to wait this long for a better answer. I only wanted to point that out.
Original post by Nour Mohamed
I can also complain. I got accepted in their pre-sessional the previous year, and there was something funny about it, after getting the acceptance from the admissions, he said “sorry we need to cancel your offer because we are no longer supporting the Duolingo”. I was like “What is that even possible? I got accepted, then I never heard back. in my opinion as it’s starting, it’s not a good university. The second thing when I finally heard back after 2 months, and of course that’s too long to come with a reply from the admissions, they usually come up within five working but they didn’t. I had to take a PTE exam as they asked me to do it, I got 54 band score overall, once I sent it to them to support the previous documents I got the same contradiction answer as I predicted, They said Sorry but you need 3 more points”, and Right now I’m waiting for them to answer. I hope that this time, I don’t need to wait this long for a better answer. I only wanted to point that out.

Hello @Nour Mohamed

Sorry to hear you are not having the best experience. Is this with ARU core campuses, ARU London or ARU College, please? I will pass the message along as we do not want to cause upset in the future.

Please let us know and if you have any further queries I can investigate please send me a message with your ID number that is on any communications sent to you.

Best wishes,
Megan
Original post by ARUOfficial
Hello @Nour Mohamed

Sorry to hear you are not having the best experience. Is this with ARU core campuses, ARU London or ARU College, please? I will pass the message along as we do not want to cause upset in the future.

Please let us know and if you have any further queries I can investigate please send me a message with your ID number that is on any communications sent to you.

Best wishes,
Megan

Please follow up with the email, and student Id, you will find everything provided along with the email too. Student ID: 34993. Email: (MOD EDIT EMAIL REMOVED)
Please follow up with the email, and student Id, you will find everything provided along with the email too. Student ID: 34993. Email: (MOD EDIT EMAIL REMOVED)

Hi @Nour Mohamed
You will need to message me it privately so I can see the information fully and please make sure you delete your comment as it involves some private data.
Hi @Nour Mohamed
You will need to message me it privately so I can see the information fully and please make sure you delete your comment as it involves some private data.

I can’t use the Via PM at the moment, therefore, I will need an email or something to be able to contact you.
(edited 1 year ago)
I can’t use the Via PM at the moment, therefore, I will need an email or something to be able to contact you.

please email me at [email protected]
please email me at [email protected]

Great, as I have provided all the evidences you will find during my progress.
Great, as I have provided all the evidences you will find during my progress.

Thanks @Nour Mohamed
We have received this and forwarded it on to ARU College who will hopefully help you further.
Original post by Maria cla
I bet the positive reviews are from medical students because god are they treated so well. This university capitalise is from international students and then they build facilities for the medics who are not very nice people at all. The medics are cut off from the rest of the students but are given so many privileges. They all have a superiority complex and I’ve never seen any other university institution that operates like this. ARU also provide free transport for medics to go on placement. They are also prioritised and given refurbished accommodation before anyone else. The ARU gives them a huge accommodation section so that they stick together meanwhile everyone else is scattered. ARU completely neglects the rest of us. In other words, the medical students are Anglia Ruskin's golden children. Most of them are very horrible egotistical people that like to dominate every extracurricular activity on the campus. It's a cult and it’s not normal. They are such nasty bullies that isolate you if you don’t study medicine. Don't join any extracurricular clubs/societies because the medics will bully, ignore you, and leave you out just because you’re not the medic. It's basically a delusional cult that believes medicine is the only way to success which is stupid. DO NOT STUDY HERE IF YOU DON'T STUDY MEDICINE, DON’T FUND THIS UNIVERSITY !!!!!!!!!

Clearly you have an issue with medical students at ARU. I am sorry you have had a bad experience but don't tarnish everyone with the same brush. ARU does not neglect the other courses, it has massively improve, nurses, paramedics, PAs all get to use the medicine building and facilities yet the medical students can't use theirs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending