At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

University of Wolverhampton 2021 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by kiqbal000
Hi, I’ve got an unconditional offer for childrens nursing with foundation to start in April next year :smile:

Hi, I've got an offer for adult nursing with foundation year. Started my application on the 18th of March and now just waiting for the DBS. Just worried the course start date says 12 April but haven't been given an actual start date yet. Do you know when attendance will start? When I call they just say wait for the update. I'm coming from far so want to plan ahead.
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Original post by NontiM
Hi, I've got an offer for adult nursing with foundation year. Started my application on the 18th of March and now just waiting for the DBS. Just worried the course start date says 12 April but haven't been given an actual start date yet. Do you know when attendance will start? When I call they just say wait for the update. I'm coming from far so want to plan ahead.

Did you apply for April start or September start?
Reply 82
Did you apply for April start or September start?

April start
Reply 83
Original post by NontiM

Hey did you find out a start date because I am also starting this course in April and haven’t heard anything because I’m still waiting for my DBS too.
Original post by NontiM
April start

I’m not sure bc u said u started the application in March? Which application do u mean?
Reply 85
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there I am also looking to apply for Primary Education with QTS at the University of Wolverhampton. I am worried about the interview and was wondering whether you had an English and Maths test or was it all scenario-based questions?

sorry for the late reply, if you haven’t already had your interview, i wouldn’t worry! im pretty sure i didn’t have an english/maths test, and they just asked 1 or 2 questions scenario based, but that might different for you as yours is primary and mine was secondary. good luck:smile: (if you have already had it, how did it go?)
Reply 86
Original post by _paige
Hey did you find out a start date because I am also starting this course in April and haven’t heard anything because I’m still waiting for my DBS too.

Hi, I've read somewhere on here that yes it starts on the 12th but there is a bit of leeway because of delays. I'm still waiting for my DBS
Reply 87
I’m not sure bc u said u started the application in March? Which application do u mean?

Oh sorry. I started the ucas application in March. I've had an offer and done everything now just waiting for DBS clearance. I know you're not down for nursing but as they are all same start date I thought maybe you would have an idea
Original post by NontiM
Oh sorry. I started the ucas application in March. I've had an offer and done everything now just waiting for DBS clearance. I know you're not down for nursing but as they are all same start date I thought maybe you would have an idea

Ohhh right okay, I don’t think the DBS takes long, perhaps 2 weeks max from when you first put it through, but do keep checking! It may say it’s passed on your EVision, so have a look.
So this week, the course hasn’t started yet but we do have induction sessions this week which I believe will all be recorded so you’ll be able to catch up on all of that.
The actual course starts 19th April, so you still have about a week for everything to get sorted, and to enrol etc. Perhaps if there is nothing happening with your application by Wednesday, give the uni a call :smile:
Reply 89
Ohhh right okay, I don’t think the DBS takes long, perhaps 2 weeks max from when you first put it through, but do keep checking! It may say it’s passed on your EVision, so have a look.
So this week, the course hasn’t started yet but we do have induction sessions this week which I believe will all be recorded so you’ll be able to catch up on all of that.
The actual course starts 19th April, so you still have about a week for everything to get sorted, and to enrol etc. Perhaps if there is nothing happening with your application by Wednesday, give the uni a call :smile:

Okay, thanks for responding. I'm starting to think I'm crazy, literally checking every time I pick up my phone. Still nothing on evision or the GBG site. Hopefully I will get an update this week as it will be 2 weeks on Thursday. What documents did you need for enrolment? Or was it all online? I need to send stuff off to SFE but I'm hesitant incase I need ID to enrol. Also, is it face to face teaching or online at the moment do you know?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by NontiM
Okay, thanks for responding. I'm starting to think I'm crazy, literally checking every time I pick up my phone. Still nothing on evision or the GBG site. Hopefully I will get an update this week as it will be 2 weeks on Thursday. What documents did you need for enrolment? Or was it all online? I need to send stuff off to SFE but I'm hesitant incase I need ID to enrol. Also, is it face to face teaching or online at the moment do you know?

Our whole first semester is online teaching, not sure about the second semester yet.
After your DBS goes through, your eVision should change to say you can enrol, I don’t believe you need any documents, I can’t really remember, you just need to fill in quite a few stuff and enrol on all the modules that are there, you should get emails to tell you exactly how to do it. But yes, enrolment is all online.
Once that’s sorted, you need to upload a picture for your student ID. Mine arrived after a week or so of uploading the photo.
Original post by NontiM

The whole of semester 1 is online, not sure about semester 2 yet.
Enrolment is all online yes, I don’t think you need many documents for that.
When you do have to enrol, you need to upload a photo for your ID, and it comes in the post after a week or so.
When doing SFE, I don’t believe I needed to send my ID or anything because I didn’t have my ID at the time, so that shouldn’t be a problem, try and get your SFE done asap so that you can get paid in time
Reply 92
The whole of semester 1 is online, not sure about semester 2 yet.
Enrolment is all online yes, I don’t think you need many documents for that.
When you do have to enrol, you need to upload a photo for your ID, and it comes in the post after a week or so.
When doing SFE, I don’t believe I needed to send my ID or anything because I didn’t have my ID at the time, so that shouldn’t be a problem, try and get your SFE done asap so that you can get paid in time

Oh brilliant. Thank you, you've been a great help. I had started to look for accommodation because I wanted to be ready when we start. Glad I did not sign the contract.
Thank you very much 🤝
Original post by NontiM
Oh brilliant. Thank you, you've been a great help. I had started to look for accommodation because I wanted to be ready when we start. Glad I did not sign the contract.
Thank you very much 🤝

No worries 🙂
Original post by jessim8
sorry for the late reply, if you haven’t already had your interview, i wouldn’t worry! im pretty sure i didn’t have an english/maths test, and they just asked 1 or 2 questions scenario based, but that might different for you as yours is primary and mine was secondary. good luck:smile: (if you have already had it, how did it go?)

Hi again, don't apologise I'm glad to hear your interview was scenario based, I find generic questions harder to answer. Oh, my interview is the 5th of May I'll definitely let you know how it goes, and thank you! :smile: Have you heard back from them yet?
Hi! I am an international student applying for medical physiology and diagnostics for 2022 entry via UCAS. Submitted my application on 10 April and have yet to hear anything from the uni. Is that normal?
I’m doing Criminology, Criminal Justice & Law. I’m from Jersey so super worried about not knowing anyone there..
Reply 97
Original post by dynajimin
I’m doing Criminology, Criminal Justice & Law. I’m from Jersey so super worried about not knowing anyone there..

omg hi, I just replied to you on my thread lol. I'm doing Media, Film and Television Studies but i'm always up for a chat! I haven't had much luck in finding any group chats or facebook groups, I did download the unifi app though and there are quite a few people on there!
Reply 98
Original post by Anonymous
Hi again, don't apologise I'm glad to hear your interview was scenario based, I find generic questions harder to answer. Oh, my interview is the 5th of May I'll definitely let you know how it goes, and thank you! :smile: Have you heard back from them yet?

ohh! and how did it go? and yes! i heard- back a few days later with an offer! & i have made it my firm choice now!
Original post by jessim8
ohh! and how did it go? and yes! i heard- back a few days later with an offer! & i have made it my firm choice now!The

The guy who interviewed me was lovely and told me that I had passed at the end which I am really happy with! :smile: I will be making WLV uni my firm choice too! Are you doing the secondary school entry requirements though?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending