The Student Room Group

Am I a Chav?

So I've commented about this issue before, alot of people seem to judge how you are dressed. My average uni outfit is a pair of navy nike academy 17 tracky bottoms, a hoodie, down jacket worn with nike flyknit trainers/vans, finished off with a baseball cap and headphones. I don't have alot of money and my outfits tend to be practical as I have a long way to walk to uni and I do alot of sport, so its quite convenient. What does everyone else think?
Original post by Anonymous
So I've commented about this issue before, alot of people seem to judge how you are dressed. My average uni outfit is a pair of navy nike academy 17 tracky bottoms, a hoodie, down jacket worn with nike flyknit trainers/vans, finished off with a baseball cap and headphones. I don't have alot of money and my outfits tend to be practical as I have a long way to walk to uni and I do alot of sport, so its quite convenient. What does everyone else think?

If you're comfortable and like how you look then try not to care what others think. So what if people judge how you're dressed? People can think what they like. No matter what you wear, you'll be judged. So you might as well just wear what you are comfy in and be happy.

It's just clothes really, and people shouldn't really stereotype you based on what you wear. It is true that many "chavs" wear similar clothes to those that you've described you wearing but that doesn't inherently mean that you act like them or associate with them. Honestly you've just got to move on from what other people think and just get on with life - it makes complete sense to wear mostly athletic-wear if you are active.

To be brutally honest, yes. If I saw you in the street I would think you were a chav.

I can assure you, you are most certainly not a chav. Seriously, you should see half the kids at my school. xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending