The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lol
Reply 2
They visit you while you sleep.
No idea really, i always imagined they recruited from the police force and army. The kind of places where they would have already learned the skills needed.
Reply 4
Lucy Pevensie
What do you have to do in order to maximize chances to join

Their application process actively discriminates against those who discuss their intention to join with anyone but their significant other and very close family. Just something to consider when making your next post :wink:

Edit: Sorry, that was MI5. I imagine it's the same, though?

Edit 2: Aha!:

Who can I tell about my application?

You may tell your parents, close partner or spouse, provided that they are British. You should also make them aware of the importance of discretion. Please note that if you tell anybody else, your application may not be successful.

Source: http://www.sis.gov.uk/output/Page590.html
Reply 5
Apply here :rolleyes:
Reply 6
Jaager
Apply here :rolleyes:

Thats not very secret. :rolleyes:
I can't imagine they'd recruit you in your first year if that's what you're suggesting. They may well look up the people who top their classes in certain subjects at certain universities. I don't think very many people would be recruited though, they recieve so many applications from top applicatants anyway.
Reply 8
Guys I'm really worried, wud they accept me if I got a B in GCSE Spanish?

:p:
Lucy Pevensie
What do you have to do in order to maximize chances to join

Read the website

http://www.sis.gov.uk/output/Page79.html

Take the advice they offer on what they are looking for in their candidates

Apply.
SIS isn't a secret as it used to be and neither is MI5, they have a massive recruiting drive on atm as are GCHQ. They send scouts out to university and will also let you recruit through their websites.
Selkarn
Guys I'm really worried, wud they accept me if I got a B in GCSE Spanish?

:p:

No. Because you're a failure at life. Everyone knows you need an A in Spanish and at least an B in Food tech to get in.
Reply 13
Mi5 and SIS probably get enough applications to not have to go into campuses - the application is, ironical, rather unsecretive. I think you should even ring them up and ask.
Reply 14
makinghistory
No. Because you're a failure at life. Everyone knows you need an A in Spanish and at least an B in Food tech to get in.

Nooo! But I got a level 5 in my ks2 SAT, surely that makes up for it?
Selkarn

I think you'd stand a chance provided you got at least 570 UMS in your A2s. Though they do look harshly on those with only level 5 in their KS2s....
Reply 16
If MI6 turn you down you can reapply for a job with MI6 here
Selkarn

Well if I knew your average UMS mark for every module you've ever taken, I could tell you, but for some reason you haven't listed them all in your sig in great detail so I'll never know.

You need a Btech in spying too.
Reply 18
Yes they do. Many uni's have lectuers in the pay of the SIS. These lecturers will approach candidates they deem suitable.
Reply 19
makinghistory
Well if I knew your average UMS mark for every module you've ever taken, I could tell you, but for some reason you haven't listed them all in your sig in great detail so I'll never know.

You need a Btech in spying too.

Hahaaaaa! That's made my day.

Latest

Trending

Trending