The Student Room Group

The Official-Cuz-I-Sed-So Moan About Your Flatmates Thread

OK, here's your chance to stick all your little annoyances about your flatmates down, that aren't actually bad enough to fall out with them about.

Oh, and if you do the stuff on people's lists - STOP IT :mad:

:p:

If the bin is full, empty it. Simple. Don't pile the rubbish higher like some piece of **** art. Oh, and definitely don't use it as an excuse to leave the rubbish BESIDE the bin!!!

Bread does not go in the fridge, it goes stale quicker, it won't last longer - there's not enough room in there as it is, without a whole loaf! Oh, and that goes for tomato sauce too - I don't care what the bottle says, it does not need to be in there.

FFS, by all means, borrow my pans - but clean them after so that I have something to use!

If the oven is empty and on, do not switch it off. Chances are, someone has switched it on to heat up deliberately.

OMG - Clean that!

gah - if you don't want to do the washing yet, don't put all your dirty dishes in the sink. You'll only have to take them out to get the water in - or more likely, someone else will.

OMG - hoover that!

What is that? Did it used to be food or has it always lived in our fridge?

Scroll to see replies

Aberdeen sounds nice :biggrin:
My housemates and entire court are all French except for me, so I generally have about 12 French people crowding in my tiny little kitchen every day/night all speaking French. As a result, I'm stuck in my bedroom starving because there isn't enough room to go and cook in my kitchen :frown:
Reply 3
GodspeedGehenna
My housemates and entire court are all French except for me, so I generally have about 12 French people crowding in my tiny little kitchen every day/night all speaking French. As a result, I'm stuck in my bedroom starving because there isn't enough room to go and cook in my kitchen :frown:

That sucks. Can't you request a transfer?
Reflexive
That sucks. Can't you request a transfer?

Not for another month.
Reply 5
What a stupid rule.. if you want to transfer it's obviously going to be pretty soon
Reply 6
I think everyone in my corridor is a bit of a slob, including me, washing up is done on a need-to-use basis. In that if I need a pan I'll wash whatever was cooking in it last out, this is fine until the things haven't been used for days and the old food is left inside for that long.
My flatmates used up all my milk without even asking if it was ok. i got up one morning poured the cereal and then realised there was no milk anywhere. i was annoyed to say the least...
My roommate won't let me **** one off whilst he is in the room.
Reply 9
GodspeedGehenna
Not for another month.

Thats ridiculous! :lolwut:
Student2806
My flatmates used up all my milk without even asking if it was ok. i got up one morning poured the cereal and then realised there was no milk anywhere. i was annoyed to say the least...

Serves you right for not expecting it to happen :wink: Always, always check that there is enough milk before you even begin preparing stuff that may need it.
Reply 11
I agree with the bin one, I am the only one who empties the thing! It's not hard really to empty a bin.
originalname
My roommate won't let me **** one off whilst he is in the room.

Lol; Maybe you should have a word with someone about that! That's totally not fair :P
SillyFencer
OK, here's your chance to stick all your little annoyances about your flatmates down, that aren't actually bad enough to fall out with them about.

Oh, and if you do the stuff on people's lists - STOP IT :mad:

:p:

If the bin is full, empty it. Simple. Don't pile the rubbish higher like some piece of **** art. Oh, and definitely don't use it as an excuse to leave the rubbish BESIDE the bin!!!

Bread does not go in the fridge, it goes stale quicker, it won't last longer - there's not enough room in there as it is, without a whole loaf! Oh, and that goes for tomato sauce too - I don't care what the bottle says, it does not need to be in there.

FFS, by all means, borrow my pans - but clean them after so that I have something to use!

If the oven is empty and on, do not switch it off. Chances are, someone has switched it on to heat up deliberately.

OMG - Clean that!

gah - if you don't want to do the washing yet, don't put all your dirty dishes in the sink. You'll only have to take them out to get the water in - or more likely, someone else will.

OMG - hoover that!

What is that? Did it used to be food or has it always lived in our fridge?

One i put in bold i dont agree on. Several times last year i walked into the living room, it would be the middle of winter, stupidly hot and the windows are wide open, and id ask if they was using the oven, or more often the hobs, to which they would answer "no" then id ask why the hell its been left on.

Same people managed to set the sofa on fire too.

Im surprised they didnt burn the flat/whole block down.

The rest yeah, my new flatmates are great though, do non of the above, or havnt so far, dont seem the type who would though.
Mine are great except noone ever talks to one another. Coz of this though, everyone is conscious of their mess so all is tidy and clean - quiet too.
:frown:
Reply 15
**CutiePie**
Lol; Maybe you should have a word with someone about that! That's totally not fair :P

Yeah, surely they could go to the halls manager or something? That's not on!
Reply 16
Untitled258
One i put in bold i dont agree on. Several times last year i walked into the living room, it would be the middle of winter, stupidly hot and the windows are wide open, and id ask if they was using the oven, or more often the hobs, to which they would answer "no" then id ask why the hell its been left on.

Same people managed to set the sofa on fire too.

Im surprised they didnt burn the flat/whole block down.

The rest yeah, my new flatmates are great though, do non of the above, or havnt so far, dont seem the type who would though.

Aah, but have you any idea how annoying it is, to put the oven on to heat, ready to put your supper in, and to come back 10 minutes later to a cold oven?
iamtheeggman
Mine are great except noone ever talks to one another. Coz of this though, everyone is conscious of their mess so all is tidy and clean - quiet too.
:frown:

My new flatmates are like this, im blaming us being second years, we need to mingle more though. The quietness is lovely though.
SillyFencer
Aah, but have you any idea how annoying it is, to put the oven on to heat, ready to put your supper in, and to come back 10 minutes later to a cold oven?

No, i would usually put the oven on, sit and watch the tele for 10 minutes, put my food in then bugger off.

I can understand the fustration with the oven, but my flatmates where idiots, especially leaving the hobs on, so i took no risks, i dont think they where ever using them when i turned them off.
Reply 19
Untitled258
No, i would usually put the oven on, sit and watch the tele for 10 minutes, put my food in then bugger off.

I can understand the fustration with the oven, but my flatmates where idiots, especially leaving the hobs on, so i took no risks, i dont think they where ever using them when i turned them off.

Yeah, it's while I'm off watching the telly that someone decides to turn it off.

Latest

Trending

Trending