Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
bloodlust
heard this place has got one of the coldest places on earth

applying for physics with mathematics
been invited down to an interview in febuary

predicted - AAABB

:smile:

Coldest place on earth? Certainly not! How dare you!
It's the WETTEST.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 61
i was refering to their physics lab lol xD

one of the devices they have there can produce something verging onto 0 kelvin >_> im not on about the weather
Reply 62
bloodlust
i was refering to their physics lab lol xD

one of the devices they have there can produce something verging onto 0 kelvin >_> im not on about the weather

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that! :stupid:
It's still wet though...
Reply 63
No the high suicide rate that this uni USED to have was because we let alot of international students in, and a small percentage can find it all abit daunting and become insular. But that is a tiny amount and we do not have that problem anymore!!!
Reply 64
Woooooo i have all my offers now :smile:
Lancaster offered me AAB for maths, accounting and finance
and also ABB for statistics :smile:

99% certain one of these will be my first choice :smile: !
xx
Reply 65
Pacibald
No the high suicide rate that this uni USED to have was because we let alot of international students in, and a small percentage can find it all abit daunting and become insular. But that is a tiny amount and we do not have that problem anymore!!!

lol i remember hearing that the uni had a high suicicde rate... was mentioned to me by some of my friends that.

went up there for its open day.. with a few towers kicking around there i can see how they do it :smile:
Reply 66
I've been offered AAB for entreprenuership :smile:
Has anyone else applied for business/management stuff?
Reply 67
Offer... ABB for History.
:biggrin:
Reply 68
Name: Amber
Course: Marketing
Predicted: ABC

I'm really hoping I get an offer, I really want to go to Lancaster :biggrin: But the grades are ABB and my predicted grades are ABC.....
Reply 69
hiya for those with offers, how long did it take for them to give you an offer? especially if you're doing geography :P i'm impatient
Got an offer for English at Lancaster (ABB) quite a while ago now! The letter they sent me was really nice, and I was impressed at how promptly they replied. Hopefully heading up to an open day in February to check it out!
Reply 71
urgh why lancaster holding all their opendays/interviews in feb xD
Grape190190
Name: Andrew
Course: History and Politics
Predicted: AAB (and another A in Useless Studies)

Lancaster sounds like my kind of place, although I'm slightly scared by all the talk of suicide and such.

Applying to the same course as me :smile:

&&
Name: Gee
Course: History & Politics
Predicted: AAA/AAB
gee_shakedown
Applying to the same course as me :smile:

&&
Name: Gee
Course: History & Politics
Predicted: AAA/AAB

Ooh, cool.

Let me know when you get your offer!
Grape190190
Ooh, cool.

Let me know when you get your offer!

I will if I manage to get one! How long did they take to give you one? I only sent my application on the 26th.
gee_shakedown
I will if I manage to get one! How long did they take to give you one? I only sent my application on the 26th.

*checks*

I sent it on the 15th of October, and got an offer on the 6th of Nov.

And I'm sure you will: you're predicted AAA or AAB; I'm predicted AAB. Plus, my AS results were pretty rubbish. Methinks you'll be fine.
Ecology, interview next week some time, like lancaster alot, used to go there all time.
Name: sammie
Course: medieval and renaissance studies
Predicted: AAB

got my offer yesterday ABB YES:biggrin: it wil probably be my first choice but if not then definatly an insurance
Reply 78
Do Lancaster take general studies seriously? IE as one of the A levels? If so Im predicted ABBC (the A being in general studies). Do you guys reckon I will get an offer for geog (typical offer ABB-BBB) ?
edd360
Do Lancaster take general studies seriously? IE as one of the A levels? If so Im predicted ABBC (the A being in general studies). Do you guys reckon I will get an offer for geog (typical offer ABB-BBB) ?

For many courses they accepted General Studies come results time if you have taken four subjects and General Studies is in the top three of those grade wise.

Eg, History - B, English - D, Psychology - C, Gen St - C. In this case an offer of say BCC would be achieved, using General Studies. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending