The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

My offer includes GS. At the moment, that's the main attraction of Lancs tbh.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 81
They have lowered my offer randomly! It's now in red and it has gone down from AAB to ABB (Linguistics and Psychology).
Marketing management- AAB

they've also mentioned an alternative course - Marketing for ABB
does that mean if i dont get the AAB they'll accept me for the ABB course?
Lord Oliver
Ecology, interview next week some time, like lancaster alot, used to go there all time.

One of my flatmates is doing Ecology, and is loving it here. It's a brilliant course.
Crazee Hannah
One of my flatmates is doing Ecology, and is loving it here. It's a brilliant course.

cool, im probably gonna make it my first choice, Lancaster is brilliant.
Reply 85
Psychology (C800)
Conditional offer of AAB

Lancaster is going to be my first choice :biggrin:
Reply 86
Ruscoe
They have lowered my offer randomly! It's now in red and it has gone down from AAB to ABB (Linguistics and Psychology).

How long was it after you received the offer that they changed the grades, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 87
Anyone got any questions about politics, message me and I'll answer them. :-)
luke88
Anyone got any questions about politics, message me and I'll answer them. :-)

I'm applying for history & politics , I'm just wondering about the number of applicants for that course if you know? I can't find stats on it anywhere. Also how long does it usually take Lancaster to respond? I sent mine off on the 26th November.
gee_shakedown
I'm applying for history & politics , I'm just wondering about the number of applicants for that course if you know? I can't find stats on it anywhere. Also how long does it usually take Lancaster to respond? I sent mine off on the 26th November.

I'm not sure how many people are actually enrolled on the History and Politics course but both subjects have a lot of participants in the Part I course. Roughly 250 for Politics this year I think and like 400 for History. Then for the second year, people can swap courses so their might be a lot or at least a flexible number of places on the joint honours. :smile:

It took them almost 2 months to apply to me last year...
gee_shakedown

Hm, I applied on the 15th of October and my offer came on the 6th of Nov. So, that's about 22 days. You can have my offer if you want; I don't think I'm gonna use it. :p:
Grape190190
Hm, I applied on the 15th of October and my offer came on the 6th of Nov. So, that's about 22 days. You can have my offer if you want; I don't think I'm gonna use it. :p:

I wish!
Haha :frown: It's my favourite choice.
gee_shakedown
I wish!
Haha :frown: It's my favourite choice.

Over Warwick? Seriously?

That's where I wanna go.
Grape190190
Over Warwick? Seriously?

That's where I wanna go.

It was my favourite choice last year too. Over Warwick. But then again, I really didn't like Warwick lol. :smile:
Grape190190
Over Warwick? Seriously?

That's where I wanna go.

I liked Warwick a lot, but I liked Lancaster better, it's a bit further away too, and I want to move somewhere different.
I doubt I'd get into Warwick either, so I don't want to pin all my hopes on the chance of getting in there.
Reply 95
So I applied to International Law at Lancaster two weeks ago, and yesterday they sent me an email looking for my transcripts. Is this common? Is it a positive step forward? Do they care alot about your marks from previus years?
Reply 96
Meh! i'm getting impatient for an offer :P Have heard from all my universities except Lancaster and it's my favourite to go to.
affinity898
It was my favourite choice last year too. Over Warwick. But then again, I really didn't like Warwick lol.

I think it's a bit of a marmite situation: I know two people who turned down Warwick for less prestigious unis - one was UEA and one was Royal Holloway. But I like the idea of being in a little studenty world in the middle of nowhere. Weird.

gee_shakedown
I liked Warwick a lot, but I liked Lancaster better, it's a bit further away too, and I want to move somewhere different.
I doubt I'd get into Warwick either, so I don't want to pin all my hopes on the chance of getting in there.

Hm, yeah, that was one of my reasons for applying to Lancaster - that it was so far away from the South East; but still, Warwick student bubble! :biggrin:
Grape190190
I think it's a bit of a marmite situation: I know two people who turned down Warwick for less prestigious unis - one was UEA and one was Royal Holloway. But I like the idea of being in a little studenty world in the middle of nowhere. Weird.

Hm, yeah, that was one of my reasons for applying to Lancaster - that it was so far away from the South East; but still, Warwick student bubble! :biggrin:

Just a side note but trust me, there is definitely a Lancaster bubble too. I have to make sure I go into town at least once a week, preferably more, or the madness of campus life gets me down. :smile:

I didn't like the course, campus or well anything about Warwick. I just put it down last minute as I couldn't think of anywhere else. I didn't even consider it until the offer came through but for me the decision was always between Lancaster, Cardiff and Hull. They were my favourites. :smile:
Reply 99
Accounting & Finance - conditional offer (AAB)

It's tough :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending