The Student Room Group

Entry into masters with mitigating circumstances

hello everyone.
I'm currently just away to finish 3rd year in Economic and social history, and already know that I really want to take a masters course somewhere after.
Unfortunately this academic year it has been really rough. A friend of mine Unfortunately died at the start of September, then I had to take care of my terminally ill mum which was full time around the clock care until December, when Unfortunately she passed away as well. It's safe to say that given that I've been back and forth from uni and home for the last two years due to the unfortunate circumstances with my mum, my grades haven't been the best. So far in third year I'm just in between a 2.1 and a 2.2.
I was wondering if when applying (obviously mentioning all of this in my personal statement), they will take my situation into consideration? And if anyone has had a similar situation happen to them and got accepted/rejected from good universities such as UCL?
I'm really hoping to push myself next year to get a high 2.1/first. So hopefully this will help as well.
Thanks in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending