The Student Room Group

Mitigating Circs, help!!!

Hello!

I have been offered a place at the University of Bradford for a Master's degree. I am panicking hugely because I may need to resit some of my undergraduate assignments due to mitigating circumstances which of course means I don't receive my grades until a later date. They've told me I need proof of my grade by the end of August.

How will I be able to prove I have the grade required before September when the exam boards mark resits IN September? I am so scared and upset that I will lose my place at university through no fault of my own.

Help
Original post by Jezzia
Hello!

I have been offered a place at the University of Bradford for a Master's degree. I am panicking hugely because I may need to resit some of my undergraduate assignments due to mitigating circumstances which of course means I don't receive my grades until a later date. They've told me I need proof of my grade by the end of August.

How will I be able to prove I have the grade required before September when the exam boards mark resits IN September? I am so scared and upset that I will lose my place at university through no fault of my own.

Help

Firstly, have you tried to contact the University of Bradford and ask what they advise in this situation? They will not rescind an offer because you enquire about mitigating circumstances.

If you are required to provide your academic transcript before September and you do not think you will make this deadline, then have you considered asking to defer your Master's degree?
Most Master's degrees will allow you to defer, and again this is something you should discuss with the university.

I hope this helps - it may be frustrating to need to defer for a year if that is your only option, but it is better than not meeting your offer in my opinion. :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending