The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

advice on whether i should go to uni halls or private accommodation?

i've been allocated a space in university hall but i'm thinking of looking for private accommodation as the location of university hall is not good and it's 7-17 people in a flat with a shared bathroom and kitchen. i'm worried that private accommodation won't be very social and i won't be able to make many friends. idk if i should firm university hall but be able to meet more people or go private and be closer to uni but find it harder to make friends? any advice on private accom?
Reply 1
Go for the halls in the first year then do private second year it will give you time to settle in better
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Halls are always a better option for 1st year. Once you settle in & make friends in your 1st year, renting a private accommodation becomes a good option for 2nd & 3rd year imo. I did the same & my experience has been great so far!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by 54lmaaa
Go for the halls in the first year then do private second year it will give you time to settle in better

thank you for the replies! i want to do that but the accommodation is a 40 minute walk from my campus and it's so far from everything:frown: i think that the only upside about the one i was allocated is that there's more people around you. is the social atmosphere in private accommodation really that different?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending