The Student Room Group

how to stop overthinking

everything I do. EVERYHTING. I always overthink it even things that I say and mentally I'm just drained from overthinking. any advice on how to stop doing this?
Reply 1
Its okay to overthink, everyone does. try just to think about something else if you started overthinking deeply
Reply 2
Original post by aserr
Its okay to overthink, everyone does. try just to think about something else if you started overthinking deeply

but whatever I overthink usually is true. for example if I say something to someone like my crush and I overthink what they must think about me because of my dumb comment it 99% of the time turns out to be true- that they think I'm weird.
Stop taking yourself and your life oh so seriously.

Stop being a perfectionist. Perfectionism equals poverty.
Pragmatism and Pareto'ism is much better than Perfectionism.

Start doing more and thinking less.
Take action. Fill your life with meaningful / rewarding / useful / enjoyable projects.
Be a doer.

Model yourself on any go-getters. The sort that get stuck into things and get on with things. The type that are like a whirlwind at work, or like an experienced craftperson. Model yourself on people that laugh a lot. Including laughing at themselves and the silly situations they sometimes get into.
Original post by Anonymous
everything I do. EVERYHTING. I always overthink it even things that I say and mentally I'm just drained from overthinking. any advice on how to stop doing this?

sToP tHiNkInG xD
Reply 5

Keep yourself busy! Overthinking drains me 24/7 but I always try to keep myself doing something, and it will somewhat help!
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Stop taking yourself and your life oh so seriously.

Stop being a perfectionist. Perfectionism equals poverty.
Pragmatism and Pareto'ism is much better than Perfectionism.

Start doing more and thinking less.
Take action. Fill your life with meaningful / rewarding / useful / enjoyable projects.
Be a doer.

Model yourself on any go-getters. The sort that get stuck into things and get on with things. The type that are like a whirlwind at work, or like an experienced craftperson. Model yourself on people that laugh a lot. Including laughing at themselves and the silly situations they sometimes get into.

What's Pareto'ism?
Try journalling, it's a great way to dump all your feelings and thoughts onto paper. It's kinda like decluttering your mind.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
What's Pareto'ism?

I think that it’s this.

I’ll give you some advice message me on 👻- xxjessica05.xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending