The Student Room Group

PwC 2022 Intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ParkHigh
Got a CFD coming up - Any tips on the 1-2-1 Interview? Are there any behavioural questions or are they all motivational (e.g. Why PwC? Why you? Why ACA?)

Hi there,

Like we were told in the group call prior to the assessment day, the interview mostly focused on motivational questions. I did not apply for audit though so not sure how much they focus on qualifications.
Original post by MaruB
Hi there,

Like we were told in the group call prior to the assessment day, the interview mostly focused on motivational questions. I did not apply for audit though so not sure how much they focus on qualifications.

Thank you very much, got my group call tomorrow which I've heard is very helpful!
Reply 62
What questions were aksed for the video interview
Original post by sip13
What questions were aksed for the video interview

Hi,

There were 2 motivational questions (why pwc, why you) and then 3 situational case study questions (e.g. you have a project deadline and a colleague needs you to take over their work as they’re going on holiday what do you do, what do you prioritise) and then a larger case study based on the line of service you’re applying to (you’ll get 10 minutes to read the info and 5 mins to present)

Have a look on YouTube, think there’s a video by jobprepready or something that explains the questions in a bit more detail with examples.
Reply 64
Hi,

There were 2 motivational questions (why pwc, why you) and then 3 situational case study questions (e.g. you have a project deadline and a colleague needs you to take over their work as they’re going on holiday what do you do, what do you prioritise) and then a larger case study based on the line of service you’re applying to (you’ll get 10 minutes to read the info and 5 mins to present)

Have a look on YouTube, think there’s a video by jobprepready or something that explains the questions in a bit more detail with examples.

Thank you so much
Original post by YOOONAHHH242
No worries, congratulations. I had mine on the 21st, hopefully I get a response soon. Did you get a phone call?

The same here - 21 October! Did you hear back from them?
Original post by leonwuhao
The same here - 21 October! Did you hear back from them?

Nope, still haven’t got anything. Wbu?
Nope, still haven’t got anything. Wbu?

Heard nothing as well... feeling a bit worried now!
Heard nothing as well... feeling a bit worried now!

yeah, same here. For now, no news is good news. How do you feel the day went for you?
yeah, same here. For now, no news is good news. How do you feel the day went for you?

Well it's hard to say... the individual sections went quite smoothly for me but I felt uncertain about the group discussion - the time was so limited and not sure each questions were fully discussed in the examiner's eyes loll! Which service line & location did you apply for may I ask?
Reply 70
i had my cfd, and all in all i think it went quite well. but i wont get my hopes up. the 1-2-1 went well but i didnt notice the attachment email but when i was asked about it i used my research. one big tip i will give anyone is with time management. there instances where i could have run out of time but i managed to finish it all. some questions will say how much time to spend but keep that as a maximum and not as a hard and fast rule. the great thing is that you can answer the questions with your own analysis and justifications, remember to keep in mind these are emails, so dont just say the answer. for the interviews do your research and really think to yourself why you applied for this role (industry) and why what got you interested in pwc. also be aware of your industry and role and how it could change.
also the assessors will double check to make sure youve sent your work in. group discussion is not terrible but just bare in mind how and when people speak, if you talk at the same time, apologise and offer for them to go first. acknowledge points contribute, pretend like its not an assessment.
tbh the whole virtual assessment centre feels a lot better than any in person one i have done before.
Well it's hard to say... the individual sections went quite smoothly for me but I felt uncertain about the group discussion - the time was so limited and not sure each questions were fully discussed in the examiner's eyes loll! Which service line & location did you apply for may I ask?

Yeah I feel the same way. I applied for risk in London.
What do you mean by 'attachment email'?

Original post by rysemo
i had my cfd, and all in all i think it went quite well. but i wont get my hopes up. the 1-2-1 went well but i didnt notice the attachment email but when i was asked about it i used my research. one big tip i will give anyone is with time management. there instances where i could have run out of time but i managed to finish it all. some questions will say how much time to spend but keep that as a maximum and not as a hard and fast rule. the great thing is that you can answer the questions with your own analysis and justifications, remember to keep in mind these are emails, so dont just say the answer. for the interviews do your research and really think to yourself why you applied for this role (industry) and why what got you interested in pwc. also be aware of your industry and role and how it could change.
also the assessors will double check to make sure youve sent your work in. group discussion is not terrible but just bare in mind how and when people speak, if you talk at the same time, apologise and offer for them to go first. acknowledge points contribute, pretend like its not an assessment.
tbh the whole virtual assessment centre feels a lot better than any in person one i have done before.
Reply 73
What do you mean by 'attachment email'?

you get a separate email on your assessment page about your 1-2-1, in that email is an attachment about the structure of your program
Original post by rysemo
you get a separate email on your assessment page about your 1-2-1, in that email is an attachment about the structure of your program

Thanks! Just sent you a message, please check it x
Hi
I’ve applied to the management consulting school leavers programme
I’ve just completed the hirevue interview
Is there anyone who has also applied for this role and what stages are you all at
Original post by username5701341
Hi
I’ve applied to the management consulting school leavers programme
I’ve just completed the hirevue interview
Is there anyone who has also applied for this role and what stages are you all at

I've completed my assessment day on Wednesday
How did it go how long after the interview did you receive an email
Reply 78
Hi All, I have just completed my Video Interview with PwC. I did not receive a confirmation email after I completed it so I am getting slightly worried it has not gone through! Did any of you receive a confirmation email?
Thanks! Probably just me worrying!
Original post by fm1099
Hi All, I have just completed my Video Interview with PwC. I did not receive a confirmation email after I completed it so I am getting slightly worried it has not gone through! Did any of you receive a confirmation email?
Thanks! Probably just me worrying!

I didn’t receive one either
I did mine yesterday afternoon have not heard back yet
What service line did you apply for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending