The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Does Track tell you if you get interviews?
Baki
Does Track tell you if you get interviews?

nope, only letter/email
Reply 42
By the way... has anyone had an acknowledgement from Sheffield or HYMS for medicine? I haven't had one...
Shayilalraya
When do universities generally start giving out rejections?

Right about... now.
I still haven't been acknowledged by imperial yet lol
Reply 45
I've only been acknowledged by Edinburgh and nowhere else. But to be honest, acknowledgements means very little, so don't worry if you haven't received acknowledgements. :yep:
Adhavan
I still haven't been acknowledged by imperial yet lol

Same!

I got my Cambridge acknowledgement today; they told me what to expect if I get an interview, the dates, accomodation, etc. And I only have one other acknowledgement from Kings.

I'm waiting for two acknowledgements from Imperial haha. Biochemistry and Medicine.

And as for the rejections thread thing, no news is good news :wink:
Reply 47
Rennie
By the way... has anyone had an acknowledgement from Sheffield or HYMS for medicine? I haven't had one...

I haven't heard from Sheffield and according to the website they don't send out acknowledgements.
Reply 48
frankie77
I haven't heard from Sheffield and according to the website they don't send out acknowledgements.

Ah, okay. Thank you. I didn't think to check there. I wasn't sure if they'd say.
Reply 49
I got 2 rejections in mid-December last year, and 2 interview offers in late November and early January.

So these really are early days - I haven't heard of anyone IRL or on this forum who has been rejected for med yet unless they clearly had no shot (if you missed the UKCAT or something odd like that)
Reply 50
annarchy
I got 2 rejections in mid-December last year, and 2 interview offers in late November and early January.

So these really are early days - I haven't heard of anyone IRL or on this forum who has been rejected for med yet unless they clearly had no shot (if you missed the UKCAT or something odd like that)

Really? I met two people who had been rejected for medicine... but I'm not sure if that was after interview or not. Perhaps so...
Reply 51
Rejected from Liverpool without interview. 3/11/08

='( I don't understand.
linca2

='( I don't understand.

Aw. Hang in there.
linca2

='( I don't understand.

ohhh nooo:frown:
chin up, still have 3 other choices:yep:
Reply 54
I'm getting to the stage where I just want to hear something from somewhere!
Reply 55
linca2

='( I don't understand.

:frown: Sorry to hear that. Do you have a first? They seemingly rejected everyone without a first in my application year (although did offer 5 year interviews to a lot of people who only applied to GEP)

Edit - sorry, thought I'd clicked on the graduate entry medicine thread...
Reply 56
linca2

='( I don't understand.

Sorry :[
Hang in there, there will hopefully be others.
Do you have any idea why?
Reply 57
Not me, I've got no interviews, no offers, no rejections so far...but from my school doing medicine

All for Birmingham:
1 offer (during 1/2 term)
1 rejection at interview (during 1/2 term)
1 rejection before interview. (before 1/2 term)
Reply 58
Did offers/interviews/rejections come this quick last year? I can't remember Keele or Manchester giving interviews out so quick and I've noticed someone on TSR who's already been rejected from Edinburgh and Bristol! It seems to be moving a little quicker with some universities this year!
linca2

='( I don't understand.

aw sorry to hear that! :frown: :hugs:

Stay positive though, still 3 more chances this year :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending