The Student Room Group

Which degree should I do

I’m struggling to decide which degree to do. I ultimately want to do a degree with decent pay and a guaranteed job tbh (don’t we all lol) and I’m not fussed about a massive salary. My targeted uni is Sheffield for almost all of these courses as that is what I can realistically get into. The three degrees I’ve been looking at are Psychology, Law and Economics BA. Psychology is probably the one I’d like to do the most and I would love to actually pursue a career in psychology as a clinical psychologist but the market is so saturated with graduates and the places to get a clinical psychology training placement is insanely difficult so I’m slowly moving away from it, although this does appeal to me the most.Law is another subject which I have a decent interest in, but like Psychology, the market is also so saturated and competitive that actually pursuing a healthy career in law is extremely difficult (I’m also about 90% sure I wouldn’t get a training contract from any of the big firms regardless, and the chance of getting a Pupillage to be a barrister is about 0.001%)And lastly I was looking at the Economics BA degree at Sheffield as another option. This one I’m not so certain about; I’m very interested in the subject itself, but I’m not sure about how useful the degree is, whether a BSC is more useful, and if getting a BA economics degree from Sheffield is actually that useful. Probably best to note that I can’t do the BSC because I don’t have a maths A levelI’m honestly not set on any degree at the moment and if any of you have others you’d like to throw into the mix I’d love to hear it. Sorry if this isn’t as cohesive as perhaps I’d have liked it to be.
Sheffield is a reasonable uni for all three tbh, probably similar ranking for all three subjects but not certain without checking fully
Get careers advice op asap because they are very different subjects
Reply 2
Original post by WazzWazz98
Sheffield is a reasonable uni for all three tbh, probably similar ranking for all three subjects but not certain without checking fully
Get careers advice op asap because they are very different subjects

Hey, thank you for the reply, where would I go to get careers advice?
Original post by OVLD68
Hey, thank you for the reply, where would I go to get careers advice?

Start with your sixth form / college ?
I don't think that you should decide which degree to pursue or not based on whether the market is at this point saturated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending