The Student Room Group

EO DWP civil service

Scroll to see replies

It's interesting to read all this information as I'm trying to be prepared ... just the small matter of passing the actual interview yet haha!
What sort of checks do they carry out, do they tell you at all?
Original post by jwalker93
Have you received any further update regarding a start date yet?

Nothing yet
Reply 22
Original post by Alexbain1994
Nothing yet

Frustrating isn't it.

I've just received an email to say that checks have been successfully completed & they'll be in touch shortly to let me know the next stage of recruitment process.

I'm hoping this means my offer is no longer provisional but it we'll see.
Original post by jwalker93
Frustrating isn't it.

I've just received an email to say that checks have been successfully completed & they'll be in touch shortly to let me know the next stage of recruitment process.

I'm hoping this means my offer is no longer provisional but it we'll see.

Yeah, I think we now just have to wait to be given a start date. It’s been weeks since I passed my checks, so I actually called them yesterday to chase it up. Lady on the phone told me she told the hiring manager to contact me two weeks ago. I then received an email saying that I have to be patient and wait for further instructions and that they have hundreds of applicants to onboard.
So, just a waiting game now. Xx
Yeah, I think we now just have to wait to be given a start date. It’s been weeks since I passed my checks, so I actually called them yesterday to chase it up. Lady on the phone told me she told the hiring manager to contact me two weeks ago. I then received an email saying that I have to be patient and wait for further instructions and that they have hundreds of applicants to onboard.
So, just a waiting game now. Xx

Any news on a start date? I have been asked for further info on my onbaording. I hope I don't go right to the back of the line.
Original post by Ricky ysuduud
Any news on a start date? I have been asked for further info on my onbaording. I hope I don't go right to the back of the line.

Hi yeah I start 25/09!
Hi yeah I start 25/09!

Congrats!! At least that is clarity for you.
Congrats!! At least that is clarity for you.

Thank you. Exited now & nervous too. No idea what to expect, haven't even physically spoken to anyone yet. Still need to hand my notice in at current role too. Just pleased it's finally all confirmed as I felt like I was waiting forever and started doubting I even had the job!
What further info did you have to give?
Also what area are you applying for?
Derbyshire and Staffordshire area. I got a provisional offer and going through pre employment checks. They asked for further info a few days ago about a period of unemployment. Really just want to be given a start date so I can plan as I'm moving from London to Derby.
Derbyshire and Staffordshire area. I got a provisional offer and going through pre employment checks. They asked for further info a few days ago about a period of unemployment. Really just want to be given a start date so I can plan as I'm moving from London to Derby.
Hey Ricky
How's the job going after 6 months?
I'm planning to move from London to a DWP role location that makes me a offer of employment, right now applying to all campaigns as they open. I have a question, does the DWP help in anything relates to relocation? Or everything is arranged by myself? Thanks alot in advance. Thank you vm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending