The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Applying as a current foundation year student to KCL

Hi there :smile: I'm practically done with my UCAS application but I have come into a small issue. My academic tutor seems slightly unwilling to write me a reference because she not only doesn't know me very well ( although I thought we did as I speak to her quite a bit) but would be able to write something about my grades (a very thin reference basically). However, I contacted my old French teacher and she said she would be happy to write one, which I know will be a lot better as she knows me quite well. Would I still have a chance of getting a place? If grades from my modules are still required to be considered, could I still get my academic tutor to send them in as additional information?
Original post by noknoknok
Hi there :smile: I'm practically done with my UCAS application but I have come into a small issue. My academic tutor seems slightly unwilling to write me a reference because she not only doesn't know me very well ( although I thought we did as I speak to her quite a bit) but would be able to write something about my grades (a very thin reference basically). However, I contacted my old French teacher and she said she would be happy to write one, which I know will be a lot better as she knows me quite well. Would I still have a chance of getting a place? If grades from my modules are still required to be considered, could I still get my academic tutor to send them in as additional information?

Are you saying you are already at Kings doing a foundation year? If so, it would be better to use your academic tutor even if she can't say much about you. She should be able to access your module grades and that is all they will really be interested in anyway as you need to be achieving at a certain level to be eligible to progress onto a degree
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
Are you saying you are already at Kings doing a foundation year? If so, it would be better to use your academic tutor even if she can't say much about you. She should be able to access your module grades and that is all they will really be interested in anyway as you need to be achieving at a certain level to be eligible to progress onto a degree

No I'm currently a foundation year student at another university applying for first year @ kcl
No I'm currently a foundation year student at another university applying for first year @ kcl

I see. You should still get a reference from your current Uni as Kings and the other Unis will want to know what grades you are achieving in your current modules. But they will also look at the grades you already achieved in exams taken before the foundation course began
Is this foundation year only for international students?
how long did it take you to get your foundation year offer? Am applying for this coming school year for engineering and still haven't heard anything.

Hey Im in the same situation as you.
Did you get accepted into KCL?
I did a foundation year at Westminster for software engineering and got a 76% over all.
Is that good enough for their computer science degree?

Quick Reply

Latest