The Student Room Group

Can’t stop my bad eating habits

Over the last 3 years I’ve gradually put on weight. I was around 12st 10, now I’m at 15 stone. I’ve been trying to get back down to 13 stone. I’ve noticed I’m getting fatter. I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been. The problem I have is I’ve developed such a love of junk food.
I workout regularly. I love doing cardio, and I even invested in a peloton that I’ll use atleast 3/4 times a week, plus weights 2/3 times a week, and I currently have a part time job which involves 4 hours of running around a supermarket, and a 20 minute bike ride to and from there 3 times a week. I play tennis every now and then too. So I’m active. I just can’t get my food cravings under control. I order takeout atleast 4/5 times a week. I must have spent £1000s on takeout over the past couple of years alone, easily more. So financially it’s screwed me. Does anyone have any advice or experience of how they’ve got their eating habits under control?
Try fasting... it can help reset your eating habits.
Reply 2
Drink lots of water.

Try incorporating fruit into your diet. Will help cut out those bad eating habits.
Eat lots more protein e.g. milk, eggs, meat, protein powder etc. That will help create a feeling of satiety and help you be fuller for longer so it curbs the cravings.
Buy cookbooks
Reply 5
Original post by tinyperson
Buy cookbooks

Genius!
Reply 6
Protein bars are also a really good thing to have kicking around. There are lots of brands that have low sugar and still taste great to curb the snacking
Reply 7
Drink a lot of water and eat lots of proteins , vegetables and fruits.

Quick Reply

Latest