The Student Room Group

Dundee A100 2022 Offer Holders

Welcome to the Dundee A100 2022 Offer Holders thread!
If you're here, congratulations on receiving an offer. :bumps:

This is a discussion for people holding offers for Medicine A100 (2022 Entry) from the University of Dundee!

:heart:Please start by saying hi and introducing yourselves:heart:

For general information click: https://www.dundee.ac.uk/undergraduate/medicine

General :tsr2:rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi everybody! Nice to meet you all. I am Lucia and I am an international student. I am so glad I got an offer and looking forward to hopefully meet you all. :smile:
Reply 2
Hello all, I'm an international student in Singapore! I received an unconditional offer from Dundee and will be firming it :smile: hope to see you guys around!
:heart:Hello everyone!:heart:
I am an international student from India.
Dundee has been my dream uni and I am so happy to receive an offer to study medicine from them.
I created this thread so we can all get to know each other and have discussions related to the course and uni.
Can't wait to see you guys around.
Hi everyone!
Thank you for creating this thread! Looking forward to meeting everyone in person in the near future :smile:
Original post by luciapop
Hi everybody! Nice to meet you all. I am Lucia and I am an international student. I am so glad I got an offer and looking forward to hopefully meet you all. :smile:

Hi Lucia! Nice to meet you. Where are you from?

Original post by HRodeo
Hello all, I'm an international student in Singapore! I received an unconditional offer from Dundee and will be firming it :smile: hope to see you guys around!

That's great! :suith: see ya around.
Hello, congratulations guys for getting offers! Do we have a time limit in which we need to respond to our offer? I have only heard back from Dundee so far and really want to hear back from others before making a final choice. My offer won't be retracted if I take a while to accept, will it?
Reply 7
Original post by bunbunbun
Hello, congratulations guys for getting offers! Do we have a time limit in which we need to respond to our offer? I have only heard back from Dundee so far and really want to hear back from others before making a final choice. My offer won't be retracted if I take a while to accept, will it?

Your offer won't be retracted. You have until 9th June to accept and should wait to hear how you get on before making a final decision. Congratulations and good luck! Dundee is an excellent medical school.
Original post by medsec1
Your offer won't be retracted. You have until 9th June to accept and should wait to hear how you get on before making a final decision. Congratulations and good luck! Dundee is an excellent medical school.

Thank you! Their course is my favourite that I have applied for but I would need to factor in the cost of living, transportation, etc before making any final decisions. Glad to know I have time (:
Hiya everyone, I'm Olivia, I'm a Scottish school leaver and have got a conditional offer to study at Dundee! Well done everyone for getting offers and can't wait to meet you (hopefully) xxx
Hi everyone! Not properly introduced myself. My names Kit, I’m a scottish school leaver this year. Dundee is my top choice so very pleased with myself! Cant wait to meet some of you next year hopefully!
Original post by probablypebbles
Hi Lucia! Nice to meet you. Where are you from?

That's great! :suith: see ya around.

Hi! Nice to meet you too. I am from Spain and Italy :smile:
Reply 12
Hi guys, can't believe we're all here!!!

I've got a conditional from Dundee but I'm also currently finishing up an anatomy degree here so if anyone has any questions about student life here then feel free to fire away!
Original post by BW15

I've got a conditional from Dundee but I'm also currently finishing up an anatomy degree here so if anyone has any questions about student life here then feel free to fire away!

that’s so cool! my back up was anatomy and dundee haha!
Reply 14
Original post by emilylhorrocks
that’s so cool! my back up was anatomy and dundee haha!

it's such a cool course, would 1000% recommend intercalating in it to boost your anatomy knowledge!
Reply 15
Original post by BW15

Congratulations on the offer. You will be about to help folk on the course who don’t have an anatomy degree won’t you????? Higher human biology really isn’t going to cut it by comparison 😃 Since you offered… best accommodation for first years in your opinion and how frequent are the buses out to Ninewells? Presuming Hawkhill is the best for bus from campus?
Original post by BW15

Have you used the medical library at all? Regardless, are the libraries decent? I’m talking about brightly lit, enough seats, quiet (ideally do they have silent study areas?). At my current uni one of the libraries is great but the medical one is so awful to study in!

Also, in your experience how’s rent like price wise? I’m going to be more than average since I’m taking my cat with me lol so trying to gauge what kind of financial ballpark I’m working with. Thank you!!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by MCMT
Congratulations on the offer. You will be about to help folk on the course who don’t have an anatomy degree won’t you????? Higher human biology really isn’t going to cut it by comparison 😃 Since you offered… best accommodation for first years in your opinion and how frequent are the buses out to Ninewells? Presuming Hawkhill is the best for bus from campus?

Ahaha I have been warned that anatomists are always in high demand, if I can remember anything by September I'll be helping as much as I can lols!

In my opinion, Belmont flats are LOVELY, they're the ones I stayed in and would 10/10 recommend for comfort. In terms of the buses to Ninewells, pretty much every bus going up Perth Road (the one the uni is on) will be going there so there's a bus going up that way every 10 minutes or so, but you can walk through a lovely park + graveyard to get there so would recommend that as a way to get your steps in on dry days!

Honestly all the on-campus accommodations are pretty much the same for bus stops, only one I wouldn't recommend is seabraes because then you'd end up having to walk up a steep(ish) hill every morning to get to the bus. Avoid West-Park if you can, it's the furthest out from the main campus and lugging a weekly shop up there is a chore!
Reply 18
Original post by bunbunbun
Have you used the medical library at all? Regardless, are the libraries decent? I’m talking about brightly lit, enough seats, quiet (ideally do they have silent study areas?). At my current uni one of the libraries is great but the medical one is so awful to study in!

Also, in your experience how’s rent like price wise? I’m going to be more than average since I’m taking my cat with me lol so trying to gauge what kind of financial ballpark I’m working with. Thank you!!

I've tried to get into the medical library a couple of times but my card isn't meant to let me into it so I haven't managed (library office said they'd given me access, but think something went wrong because it has since stopped working :frown:). The main library is pretty decent, there's loads of seats in the silent study bits usually and the main issues really are that people don't necessarily always know the meaning of the word "silent" (someone had a big bag of crisps last time I was in there haha) and the heating system is a bit weird in that part so it can get quite chilly!

My rent for a decent flat in the west end is £315 a month (~£370 after bills) and I share with 2 other girls, I don't know anyone who has pets allowed on their lease and in my experience most people have snuck a pet in and just prayed the landlord wouldn't notice haha. One of my friends lives in a place that's £275 a month, the issue with Dundee atm is that they MASSIVELY oversubscribed themselves to the point where students are really struggling to find places to rent (I'm not looking forward to finding a new flat over summer if I stay here).
Reply 19
Original post by BW15
Ahaha I have been warned that anatomists are always in high demand, if I can remember anything by September I'll be helping as much as I can lols!

In my opinion, Belmont flats are LOVELY, they're the ones I stayed in and would 10/10 recommend for comfort. In terms of the buses to Ninewells, pretty much every bus going up Perth Road (the one the uni is on) will be going there so there's a bus going up that way every 10 minutes or so, but you can walk through a lovely park + graveyard to get there so would recommend that as a way to get your steps in on dry days!

Honestly all the on-campus accommodations are pretty much the same for bus stops, only one I wouldn't recommend is seabraes because then you'd end up having to walk up a steep(ish) hill every morning to get to the bus. Avoid West-Park if you can, it's the furthest out from the main campus and lugging a weekly shop up there is a chore!

Seabraes down towards Magdalen Yard? Westpark is a three day camel ride. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending