The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Do I have a chance at getting into LSE Law?

Hi, I’ve applied to Law LLB and I’m currently predicted 45 distinctions on the Access to HE Diploma. My GCSE’s are 9988A*76666. My LNAT score is 20 which I’m really not happy with. I was wondering if anyone knows if I at least have a shot of getting in? Has anyone else gotten in with a score like this before? Also, I handed in an extenuating circumstances form but I’m not sure how they consider this. Feeling pretty demotivated since I got rejected from UCL.
No shot unless your extenuating circumstances are incredible, but UCL is much more holistic than LSE and if they rejected you then the circumstances are insufficient. LNAT is way below what is needed unfortunately. Hopefully you applied to some non LNAT schools?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
No shot unless your extenuating circumstances are incredible, but UCL is much more holistic than LSE and if they rejected you then the circumstances are insufficient. LNAT is way below what is needed unfortunately. Hopefully you applied to some non LNAT schools?

I applied to UCL (rejected) and KCL (hoping I have a shot there). Waiting for hear from QMUL & got an offer from City
I applied to UCL (rejected) and KCL (hoping I have a shot there). Waiting for hear from QMUL & got an offer from City

Likely the same for KCL unfortunately, all the London unis have high LNAT requirements (here are the avgs). QMUL (& City) doesn't look at LNAT, so I'm sure you'll get in there at least. It's crazy how much weight a 120 min test.
Hi, I’ve applied to Law LLB and I’m currently predicted 45 distinctions on the Access to HE Diploma. My GCSE’s are 9988A*76666. My LNAT score is 20 which I’m really not happy with. I was wondering if anyone knows if I at least have a shot of getting in? Has anyone else gotten in with a score like this before? Also, I handed in an extenuating circumstances form but I’m not sure how they consider this. Feeling pretty demotivated since I got rejected from UCL.

its definitely ridiculous to say you have 'no shot', LSE do value the lnat but if u check whatdotheyknow they have given offers to those with similar scores, some even lower. it may be a disappointing score for you but keep ur head up high! they value the PS more than anything else
Reply 5
Original post by anonnnnn12345
its definitely ridiculous to say you have 'no shot', LSE do value the lnat but if u check whatdotheyknow they have given offers to those with similar scores, some even lower. it may be a disappointing score for you but keep ur head up high! they value the PS more than anything else

Thank you, this has given me some hope. I think I have a higher chance at KCL. I saw in 2018 the lowest score they accepted was 14 but that was quite a while ago.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thank you, this has given me some hope. I think I have a higher chance at KCL. I saw in 2018 the lowest score they accepted was 14 but that was quite a while ago.

Did u get into any of them? KCL/LSE?
Original post by Anonymous #3

chance of getting a response on a 2 year old thread is extremely slim
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #3

I didn’t! Ended up taking gap years and have offers from SOAS, Birmingham and Leeds for a September start this year
I didn’t! Ended up taking gap years and have offers from SOAS, Birmingham and Leeds for a September start this year

fair enough anon 1 returned and congrats on your offers
Original post by Anonymous #4
fair enough anon 1 returned and congrats on your offers

Thanks!

The legend is back! 🙌🏻 Hahha congrats man, just curious is there a reason u didn't apply to LNAT unis this time round?
Original post by ImmortalSnail20
The legend is back! 🙌🏻 Hahha congrats man, just curious is there a reason u didn't apply to LNAT unis this time round?

Haha, I actually applied for LSE anthropology and law and got rejected (no surprise!) and just didn’t want to get rejected again lol, I’m happy with my choices anyway

Latest

Trending

Trending