The Student Room Group

Kingston art foundation 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by millyjackson1
I've applied to Kingston foundation course and Camberwell as a back up in case I don't get the grades for my degree course. I haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know the date that they have to tell us by for Kingston? I'm so fed up of waiting...

I'm not sure, I did the same thing and got my Camberwell offer this morning. I would hope we will be told within the next few weeks, especially as alevels are very soon.
oh that’s great! i got an unconditional offer too for the foundation! i was wondering if anyone wants to be living in a place rented privately not in student accommodation?
Reply 22
would anyone doing the foundation course want to join a groupchat?
i don't know whats best for everyone but maybe instagram or discord?
let me know and i'll set it up :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by millyjackson1
I've applied to Kingston foundation course and Camberwell as a back up in case I don't get the grades for my degree course. I haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know the date that they have to tell us by for Kingston? I'm so fed up of waiting...

i'm not sure if there's a deadline but hopefully you hear back soon, i submitted my portfolio on the 24th Jan and recieved my offer on the 28th March. I would imagine there are less applicants at the moment so hopefully you hear back soon!!
Hi peoples,
I’ve received an offer from Kingston and I’m having trouble with the OSIS (the place where you accept or decline the offer) I’ve made the account but the link for accessing the account isn’t working (there are separate links for making and accessing the account) I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem?
Reply 25
Original post by Charlotte_Lizzie
Hi peoples,
I’ve received an offer from Kingston and I’m having trouble with the OSIS (the place where you accept or decline the offer) I’ve made the account but the link for accessing the account isn’t working (there are separate links for making and accessing the account) I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem?

hi!
i tried accessing it today as well and i looked into it and it’s just down for maintenance, it should be back up tomorrow morning at 9am. i guess if it’s something urgent you can email the admissions people but otherwise it might be worth waiting :smile:
Reply 26
hi!
if anyone wants to join our group chat for the foundation art and design course please message me your instagram username and i'll add you to the group :smile:
Just following with interest….
Reply 28
Original post by SherlocksMa
Just following with interest….

have you applied to the course?
Not me but someone I know - still waiting to hear…..
Hi! I've been offered a place on the 'Reserve List' for Kingston which is my first choice but have a place offered at Camberwell UAL that I need to accept by the 29th of April, but with the reserve list I was told I would hear back from the 1st to the 23rd of May (and upon looking into this last year someone was offered an unconditional place in mid June).

Kind of unsure what to do, can I accept being on the reserve list whilst also accepting the place at Camberwell?
I think you can accept and then withdraw if needed. Be careful though if you have to pay a deposit as you might lose it if you don’t end up going there.
Does anyone know if there’s an equivalent of “clearing” for Kingston Art Foundation? Do places ever become available in August once students have made their choices and perhaps chosen direct Uni over foundation?
Reply 33
Original post by SherlocksMa
Does anyone know if there’s an equivalent of “clearing” for Kingston Art Foundation? Do places ever become available in August once students have made their choices and perhaps chosen direct Uni over foundation?

they have a reserve list which they choose certain applicants for
Original post by Lennyh
they have a reserve list which they choose certain applicants for

Do you know how one gets onto the reserve list?
Is anyone still waiting to hear if they have a place?
hi, does anyone know if there's an applicant experience day coming up? have i managed to miss the email??
Hi. Yes... I saw it yesterday on their website. They have a day next week (15th June). Have a look and register here. https://www.kingston.ac.uk/open-days/undergraduate/

Original post by warne011
hi, does anyone know if there's an applicant experience day coming up? have i managed to miss the email??
Original post by fritzstorp
Hi!

I just got the email today that i was given an unconditional offer to kingston for their art foundation! Im super happy and just wanted to make a chat and get to know the other people who are in the same position so we can start to get to know eachother!

Im fritzi im 18 from london

Good luck to everyone!!

Hi Frtizi,

I got an unconditional for Kingston Art Foundation too. I just don't know if I should go there or go to Camberwell 'cause I have a place there too. I'm from London but it takes me well over 1.5 hours to travel. What's your travel time? Also do you know anything about feedback from Camberwell as compared to Kingston? I'm 18 too btw. T
Original post by ARTFOUNDATION
Hi Frtizi,

I got an unconditional for Kingston Art Foundation too. I just don't know if I should go there or go to Camberwell 'cause I have a place there too. I'm from London but it takes me well over 1.5 hours to travel. What's your travel time? Also do you know anything about feedback from Camberwell as compared to Kingston? I'm 18 too btw. T

I'm in the same boat as you, Kingston is the better choice but it's further and is about an hour and a half as well for me. Camberwell would be a lot easier to get to but I don't think I will have as good of a time there. Message me and give me ur insta so maybe we can talk

Quick Reply

Latest