The Student Room Group

Civil Service pre-employment checks failed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Hello4579
Unfortunately they have told me my offer has been withdrawn despite all their guidance stating it shouldn’t be and things like overseas criminal record checks not even being asked of me which I can provide plus with fulll references . And they just seem to close ranks when you complain . Applied in January and it’s taken this long to say my time overseas is a problem despite the first part of application asking for last 5 years of addresses so if such an issue my application should have been filtered out at the first stage plus job advert stating it is very unlikely we will employ you if you have been overseas in recent years

I’m in the exact same situation! Applied in January 2023 and was dealing with the initial pre-employment checks from April to October, because they asked for overseas police checks that I spent around £500 on, only to be told at the end of November that I do not qualify. I have been a resident in the UK for 5 out of the last 6 years, with an exception of 133 days in 2022 and they’re refusing to go ahead with my clearance! I also quoted the bit that says that a lack of UK residence does not mean a bar to the security clearance and got no response to that. Who did you raise the formal complaint with? I’ve not been able to find any details on it.
Reply 41
Original post by masterbay
not sure if this is against any rule
but is there any HKer in this post want to connect ? please send a private message to me
Hello, I am also under the pre employment check but I think I will be rejected as I am also less than 3 years in the Uk, so sad. Do you finally get the offer after escalating ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending