The Student Room Group

BDO early careers - audit 2022

Hi!
Has anyone been given an offer by BDO in audit?

I've just received a call regarding being accepted! Was wondering if anyone else has been?

I've been accepted to Audit trainee position in Southampton
Congratulations! I’m in the process of applying is it a long application time line ?
Reply 2
Original post by Laburnum1
Congratulations! I’m in the process of applying is it a long application time line ?

Took me about 2 months in total, just waiting for my contract now. Overall the process was amazing and layered out neatly and very informative compared to other companies. I've met a manager and some staff from Southampton BDO and they were amazing and extremely nice!

I have applied to other companies but I am very happy to continue with BDO - their structure is amazing and comparing with other companies I would definitely still choose BDO. They overall really care about their employees which I love!!

Just make sure to be yourself and to show them you're a team player - they absolutely love teamwork!

Good luck with your application, wish you all the best!! :smile:
Reply 3
Hi could you explain the application process? I did the virtual assesment what comes next? Also I applied for Southampton Audit as well so we may see each other!
Reply 4
Original post by Wolf1928
Hi could you explain the application process? I did the virtual assesment what comes next? Also I applied for Southampton Audit as well so we may see each other!

Hi! Regarding the virtual assessment do you mean the assessment centre with other candidates?
Reply 5
Original post by :))!!
Hi! Regarding the virtual assessment do you mean the assessment centre with other candidates?

I mean the virtual assesment which contains the verbal reasoning and maths test as well as three video questions
Reply 6
Original post by Wolf1928
I mean the virtual assesment which contains the verbal reasoning and maths test as well as three video questions

Oh then you’ll need to wait and you’ll receive an email asking you if you would like to partake in the assessment centre if you passed. This is once you finish your online interview (where you basically record yourself) the process itself is really quick and fast and they’ll always be updating you.

Happy to provide you with any pointers, good luck! Hope to see you in Southampton in September! :smile:
Reply 7
Congrats!! Could you give me any tips on the AC. I have one next week for audit and was wondering how your AC was. What was the presentation on?
Reply 8
Original post by aa3312
Congrats!! Could you give me any tips on the AC. I have one next week for audit and was wondering how your AC was. What was the presentation on?

Hi, the AC was really straight forward and you will be given a prep call beforehand. On the day, you will be introduced to everyone and basically talk a little about yourself too so you get to know everyone. The layout is very well prepared as you'll receive a timetable beforehand and you will just need to click on each link to enter teams and they'll be there

Group tasks consisted of 4 people including myself. Assessors will turn their cameras and mic off and will assess throughout the task. I mainly pushed myself out there - my group was a little shy at first so I kinda led the group but we came to an agreement in the end - they assess your communication skills. It was 40 mins but we finished in like 20 because we communicated very well so we added in other details for the remaining 20 mins so make sure you're very active

In the presentation, you'll be asked to present a company to an assessor, not too sure if I can go into anymore details as I have signed a confidentiality form

Just make sure you're active and taking notes during activities. You'll be given a prep call so if you have any questions, make sure you voice them

Good luck!
Hi, the AC was really straight forward and you will be given a prep call beforehand. On the day, you will be introduced to everyone and basically talk a little about yourself too so you get to know everyone. The layout is very well prepared as you'll receive a timetable beforehand and you will just need to click on each link to enter teams and they'll be there

Group tasks consisted of 4 people including myself. Assessors will turn their cameras and mic off and will assess throughout the task. I mainly pushed myself out there - my group was a little shy at first so I kinda led the group but we came to an agreement in the end - they assess your communication skills. It was 40 mins but we finished in like 20 because we communicated very well so we added in other details for the remaining 20 mins so make sure you're very active

In the presentation, you'll be asked to present a company to an assessor, not too sure if I can go into anymore details as I have signed a confidentiality form

Just make sure you're active and taking notes during activities. You'll be given a prep call so if you have any questions, make sure you voice them

Good luck!

Hello, for the assessment centre link , the Impact do we have to login the day before the assessment.
Hi!
Has anyone been given an offer by BDO in audit?

I've just received a call regarding being accepted! Was wondering if anyone else has been?

I've been accepted to Audit trainee position in Southampton

hi, can i ask what the offered salary was?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending