The Student Room Group

London Met 999 call handler role

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
In terms of finding things out from the person next to you. Is it general chit chat. What kind of things would they have to say to me. Oh so they don't tell you then and there if you have passed and got the job.Thanks you youve been a big help. :smile:
Whatever you ask the person next to you, think about what you could find out about them, there are no rules, it’s about communication. Yes they tell you, I have a conditional offer depending on the medical and vetting, so if you are successful this weekend you wouldn’t hand your notice in, until after the medical and vetting and receive a start date
Hey all, has anyone got their training rota timetable?
Hi, I am starting on 20th and got my rota and base on Monday 6th
Is this @ Hendon?
Do you have odd shifts like 13:00-01:00?
Yes, at Hendon, first week normalish 2nd week working to 11pm 4th week 1 to 1
Hi, I just wanted to ask if you was told after your medical if you had passed? I received my vetting forms after I passed at Hendon and just went for my medical today, but wasn’t informed on the outcome? :smile: thank you
Original post by Bella2504
Hi, I just wanted to ask if you was told after your medical if you had passed? I received my vetting forms after I passed at Hendon and just went for my medical today, but wasn’t informed on the outcome? :smile: thank you

Hi Bella, they don’t let you know straight away about your medical. They will contact you in due course. :smile: hope that helps and good luck with your application!
Original post by Rosesandblossoms
Hi Bella, they don’t let you know straight away about your medical. They will contact you in due course. :smile: hope that helps and good luck with your application!

Hey Roses! Congratulations on getting the job :smile: I was wondering whether you had to do a situational judgement test? Also, when you did your typing test, were you able to use the backspace button or was that disabled? many thanks :smile: x
Hi, thank you so much, I’ll wait and see what they say! :smile: also congratulations on getting the job!
I'm on the vetting phase I think there is an internal and external component to the vetting so will take a while. Hopefully not longer than three months.
Original post by lolita89
Hey Roses! Congratulations on getting the job :smile: I was wondering whether you had to do a situational judgement test? Also, when you did your typing test, were you able to use the backspace button or was that disabled? many thanks :smile: x

Assessments may vary depending on the centre you attend, you should receive an email with details on the assessments that will be carried out, that will clarify the kind of typing test you will take.

Hi Lolita! :smile: thank you! As far as I remember the situational judgement was done over the phone which was my “first interview,” so wayy befote the assessment centre. (All done last year so unless it’s changed it should be the same!)

The typing test is super chill. You can use the backspace. I’ll send a link where you can practice your typing… and what’s better is that they use the same website to test you :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, thank you so much, I’ll wait and see what they say! :smile: also congratulations on getting the job!

Thank you so much! Wishing you all the best! Feel free to Dm me if you need any more help :smile:

- Use the test here which is exactly what was used in the assessment at the Hendon centre. https://www.how2become.com/blog/the-...o-typing-test/

The first typing test is a Practice. Ask questions if you don’t understand.
Next: 3 attempts and the average score is taken as your pass of fail.
Thank you so much! Wishing you all the best! Feel free to Dm me if you need any more help :smile:

Hi, I received in update on my met portal saying thank you attending my assessment and to progress I need to complete my vetting form, does this mean I passed it? :smile: also what base did you choose to work at if you don’t mind me asking and thank you for helping me x
Hi, I received in update on my met portal saying thank you attending my assessment and to progress I need to complete my vetting form, does this mean I passed it? :smile: also what base did you choose to work at if you don’t mind me asking and thank you for helping me x

Hi! I’ll send you a DM x
Thankyou guys for all your help. I have my assessment day coming up. I have seen I will have an Interview based on the College of Policing’s Competency and Values Framework. Is anyone able to help me with some example questions they may have had? X
Hi! I’ll send you a DM x

Thank you! For some reason I still can’t send private messages but I chose Lambeth as my first pick, it’s the only realistic commute for me. How long did your vetting take for you? :smile: x
Thank you! For some reason I still can’t send private messages but I chose Lambeth as my first pick, it’s the only realistic commute for me. How long did your vetting take for you? :smile: x

Vetting took a while as there is a medical assessment involved, (standard sight and hearing test/info regarding any medication you may take/health conditions etc) - best to be upfront about this as if they find out any info has been not disclosed it doesn’t look good! Plus they need specific references etc. all of this will be conveyed to you in detail so just sit tight :smile: but it varies, it can take 2 months or more if they need more info. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending