The Student Room Group

London Met 999 call handler role

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by maurizedyan
Hiya! no news still right? haha i wonder when will the next training will be held? I am assuming we might get news sometime next month for sure. It'll be about 3 months now. oh btw may I ask which base you applied for? I applied for Hendon cause I live near there. hopefully we get to know soon!

Hey. Yeah hopefully we'll start in like March. I've been getting emails from vetting asking questions about stuff I couldn't answer (family I'm estranged from) so mine might take longer than I'd hope.
I applied for lambeth or bow as they are both close to me. But we might be in the same classroom group maybe 😁
Hey Guys, I’m applicant as well….. just wondering if anyone has gotten a start date or have they reached out to your current employers yet?
Hiya! no news still right? haha i wonder when will the next training will be held? I am assuming we might get news sometime next month for sure. It'll be about 3 months now. oh btw may I ask which base you applied for? I applied for Hendon cause I live near there. hopefully we get to know soon!
You heard anything back yet? I still haven't and no update on the portal getting a bit anxious ngl
Original post by shonpjb
You heard anything back yet? I still haven't and no update on the portal getting a bit anxious ngl
No news yet. Hahahha i know. See! Im feeling the same😂 idk how long theyll tell us. Hopefully soon!
No news yet. Hahahha i know. See! Im feeling the same😂 idk how long theyll tell us. Hopefully soon!

when does it say your vetting started? because mine started 12th December and the last time they asked for any info was 29th January
if i've not heard anything by next week I might email them, 'cause my contract is up for renewal with my current job so idk whether to extend my contract or be out of a job for a bit
Heyy,

They started vetting me same time as you. November/December. I still havent heard. Im just waiting to be honest.
Heyy,
They started vetting me same time as you. November/December. I still havent heard. Im just waiting to be honest.

Hi. Not sure if this helps, but here’s a timeline of my application process from the vetting stage onwards.
17/12/23 - Submitted vetting form through portal
30/11/23 - Notified vetting processing had begun
12/02/24 - Notified received vetting clearance
06/03/24 - Received final offer and start date
Heyy,

I just read somewhere it could take up to 8 months for vetting, it was a chat forum for contestable roles but maybe it's the same for us IDK, Im just gonna put it out of my mind and maybe then i'll hear back. a watched pot never boils and all that
Original post by shonpjb
I just read somewhere it could take up to 8 months for vetting, it was a chat forum for contestable roles but maybe it's the same for us IDK, Im just gonna put it out of my mind and maybe then i'll hear back. a watched pot never boils and all that

People have always advised to find plan b whilst you are waiting for vetting , because it’s a long game and when they have all your details they don’t update you . The next time you will hear from them is if they need further information or whether your vetting was refused or accepted . So I advise you find another job as a plan B rather than play the waiting game .
Heyy,

I just heard back from vetting and was successful.
nothing about my reference checks yet though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending