The Student Room Group

NICS Staff Officer and Deputy Principal recruitment 2022 2023

Scroll to see replies

Not a silly question but since a computer scores the tests, that automatically cuts off those that don't pass, then it's approached in batches, complete the eligibility sift for the top whatever number of candidates ready for the first lot of interviews, then do the next lot, ready for the next batch etc.
Hello! This may have been already mentioned in the previous thread, but does anyone know how many applied for SO in total in the 2022 round?Got my results today and I'm at 1400 🤷 Wait in hope lol
Original post by Pinwacat
Hello! This may have been already mentioned in the previous thread, but does anyone know how many applied for SO in total in the 2022 round?Got my results today and I'm at 1400 🤷 Wait in hope lol

So at least 1400 passed, thats a high amount so far. I think 4.5k applied last time but dont know about this one.
I was putting the above theory about my applicant number to another candidate and they've just told me their applicant number is 182660 so on reflection then there's no way 182660 people applied 😂 so we're back to square one with not knowing the total number of applicants! The applicant number seems to have no relevance!

The applicant number is just an HRConnect/NICS recruitment number - if you've also applied for the DP posts, you'll have the same number.

No idea how many applied for Staff Officer - would be good to know!
Hi did anyone not get an email today with their results for the staff officer test, as I never got one x
Maybe it's gone into a junk or spam folder?

I know the people who applied and ended up not completing the tests got an email, so either way you should have got one today so hopefully it's just went into another folder. If there's no sign in another folder though I would contact HR connect on Monday.
Maybe it's gone into a junk or spam folder?

I know the people who applied and ended up not completing the tests got an email, so either way you should have got one today so hopefully it's just went into another folder. If there's no sign in another folder though I would contact HR connect on Monday.

Hi, I've checked my junk folders and nothing, will try them on Monday!
According to the FoI response below there were 4,045 applications for SO at the original closing date and time but the closing was subsequently extended so the final number of applications will have been higher than 4,045.

DOF/2022-0140 - Response
While the number of applications is checked by HRConnect at times during an
external recruitment competition, hourly numbers are not logged. At the times
of checking, during the Staff Officer recruitment competition, the running total
of applications submitted was 875 by the evening of 6 April 2022, 1,100 by the
evening of 7 April 2022 and 4,045 at 12pm on 8 April 2022.
Hopefully everyone has heard back about SO test. If not, it's probably worthwhile contacting HRConnect on Monday.

From my understanding, they are doing the sift in batches, and in order of merit, so it must just be the top scoring who pass the sift who'll get an interview in June/July.

Wouldn't fancy the job of going through all those applications 😮
Summary from the last SO and DP recruitment drive, doesn't give the full picture but bit of an idea
Reply 30
Well got my results scored 107 but not getting interview as scored 139 in Management, 98 in Analytical and 78.73 in Critical Thinking, so 1.27 of mark out, but i feel it is unfair that you score 107 and yet apparently scores from 101 upwards are in the 1st batch, but tough luck i suppose. Had Covid for 5 weeks before and was still sick at the time so getting that score i suppose was good. A few of my work colleagues who completed the tests were like me in commenting about how many grammatical and spelling errors there were in the actual tests. There were a few questions i had to read again because words were missing, But yet a computer works out the scores, you have to wonder how accurate it is??
I'm 29th in the merit list so well chuffed with that. However i was in the 300s for the 2019 SO recruitment and failed on the sift questions. Have a funny feeling it could be a similar story again. Hopefully not though, fingers crossed i get to atleast have an interview.
Original post by Cptripper
So at least 1400 passed, thats a high amount so far. I think 4.5k applied last time but dont know about this one.

I know someone in 1800's who passed.
Original post by Murph2022
I'm 29th in the merit list so well chuffed with that. However i was in the 300s for the 2019 SO recruitment and failed on the sift questions. Have a funny feeling it could be a similar story again. Hopefully not though, fingers crossed i get to atleast have an interview.

Wow - well done!! I'm worried about the sift as well, so hopefully we'll get though to the interview :crossedf:
Yeah i suprised myself with that result, best of luck to those waiting to get through the sift now.
Original post by Murph2022

that's an awesome score mate congrats and I hope you pass the sift! Any advice for the management test? On AO, both EOs and now SO comp I've dropped so many marks on it and I can't find any sort of help with it
It is a tough section and it's hard to say really but personally I find I'm usually sort of middle ground with a lot of my answers, either weak or acceptable. Very few do I choose as very good or bad (trying to remember the choices) :smile: I also never go back to read over my answers on the managing decision section. No matter how much time I have left I never 2nd guess myself, it's always served me well in the past anyway. I always go back over the other 2 sections if I have time left and maybe edit an answer or two but never managing decisions. Just my approach but it's a guessing game really as you'll never know exactly what ones you answered correctly or not.
I would go back and read the letter again, no one has an interview yet, just the ones higher than 101 going to through to the sift at this stage.
Original post by davfir99
I would go back and read the letter again, no one has an interview yet, just the ones higher than 101 going to through to the sift at this stage.

If you are replying to @Aliehs, I'm assuming they got a letter saying that they won't be progressed to sift, as the pass mark is 80 on all 3 of the tests. Which means that even if you get 100% on the other tests, if you score under the pass mark on just one, you don't get progressed. It seems very unfair, especially if you've only just missed out on 1 of the tests.
Yeah it can definitely suck just missing out. I missed out on the last EO1 test to get an interview by 0.09 of a mark. Think I was maybe literally the next name on the list. I got 122.65 and required 122.74. What made it worse is I knew straight away I got 2 or 3 of the matching words wrong in the critical thinking test which I realised straight after I hit submit, nightmare. Only myself to blame on that one.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending