The Student Room Group

Intelligence Officer June 2022 - Borders and Enforcement

Any other hopefuls?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, no update so far since applying though (except some feedback on the judgement test/passing).
Reply 2
Original post by Icetruck
Yes, no update so far since applying though (except some feedback on the judgement test/passing).

Same here, hopefully the sift doesn’t take too long.
Another one I applied for (UKVI - Asylum & Protection Group, Administrative Officers) had virtually the same closing date (I think one day apart) and its status has been updated to "Application being reviewed" today.
Maybe this role is about to be changed too.

I hope the sift is quick too -- I'm going for asylum decision maker and border forcer officer roles too, but neither sound as interesting as this one and I've already been successful for BFO and have got the online assessment centre date for Asylum.
Original post by Cmaze
Same here, hopefully the sift doesn’t take too long.
Another one I applied for (UKVI - Asylum & Protection Group, Administrative Officers) had virtually the same closing date (I think one day apart) and its status has been updated to "Application being reviewed" today.
Maybe this role is about to be changed too.

I hope the sift is quick too -- I'm going for asylum decision maker and border forcer officer roles too, but neither sound as interesting as this one and I've already been successful for BFO and have got the online assessment centre date for Asylum.

I did apply for the Intelligence and the UKVI one too.
Original post by ChiChiUgb
I did apply for the Intelligence and the UKVI one too.

I have been selected for an interview for the UKVI Asylum and Protection Group. Anyone in this category?
I have been selected for an interview for the UKVI Asylum and Protection Group. Anyone in this category?

Nice. I've been selected as well.
Original post by Cmaze
Any other hopefuls?

Any update on this application as it is almost 3 weeks since it closed. Any information will be highly appreciated thanks
I got an email this morning saying this:

Borders and Enforcement - Intelligence Officer

Thank you for your continued patience while the sift is taking place. Sift results are expected to be released by the end of July and interviews are expected to take place during August.

For the candidates that are successful at the sift stage, definitive interview dates are still to be confirmed. You will be notified of interview dates when you receive your sift result.

Thank you for your continued patience while the sift is taking place. Sift results are expected to be released by the end of July and interviews are expected to take place during August.

For the candidates that are successful at the sift stage, definitive interview dates are still to be confirmed. You will be notified of interview dates when you receive your sift result.

Ok thank you.

Hi, pls I have a question. If you fail the interview for one application, does that affect your other applications or are they are treated entirely separately. Pls a anyone that knows should answer as I am very worried right now.
Hi, pls I have a question. If you fail the interview for one application, does that affect your other applications or are they are treated entirely separately. Pls a anyone that knows should answer as I am very worried right now.

I'm pretty sure they're entirely separate. I'm sure they have fairness policies in place that prevent them taking that into account.
I'm pretty sure they're entirely separate. I'm sure they have fairness policies in place that prevent them taking that into account.

Thanks for your reply. I did poorly in the UKVI interview, I want to focus on doing better in the next successful applications.
Anyone get an interview for the intelligence officer job? I got an email stating I was unsuccessful.... They then pulled it from civil service jobs website so I couldn't even request feedback. Seems strange.
Just found out i have an interview for this role. I have booked it for the end of next month. I have been successful with asylum decision maker job in the mean time and am just waiting for security checks. I think both roles sound so so interesting. Does anyone have any feedback or recommendations on what might be the better role? I seen this role may be shift work but not all shift work. I would ideally need not shift work so my gut is telling me to go with the other role. Appreciate any help or info.
Original post by Jdag123
Just found out i have an interview for this role. I have booked it for the end of next month. I have been successful with asylum decision maker job in the mean time and am just waiting for security checks. I think both roles sound so so interesting. Does anyone have any feedback or recommendations on what might be the better role? I seen this role may be shift work but not all shift work. I would ideally need not shift work so my gut is telling me to go with the other role. Appreciate any help or info.

Same, I've booked in for end of Aug. In terms of shift work it's all a bit vague, I guess it depends on location and what type of job they match you to. There is an email address you can send questions to if you look at the original advert.

I've also been successful with the asylum decision maker role, but from trawling through forums about it, people seem to be very negative about the the job! I don't really know much about the intelligence role though.
Where are you two guys based? I'm Newcastle and I think my application was guaranteed an interview at least. Hit all essential criteria with good examples and used the STAR system. Extremely disappointed to not get an interview and furious that they've removed my application from the website so I have no contact details at all now to request feedback.
Seems we are in exactly the same position. I guess there is no harm in having the interview and finding out more details about the job whilst waiting for the vetting on the other role. I would love to know a bit more so i might refer to that email address.
Same, I've booked in for end of Aug. In terms of shift work it's all a bit vague, I guess it depends on location and what type of job they match you to. There is an email address you can send questions to if you look at the original advert.

I've also been successful with the asylum decision maker role, but from trawling through forums about it, people seem to be very negative about the the job! I don't really know much about the intelligence role though.

Seems we are in exactly the same position. I guess there is no harm in having the interview and finding out more details about the job whilst waiting for the vetting on the other role. I would love to know a bit more so i might refer to that email address.
Original post by Penguins46
Where are you two guys based? I'm Newcastle and I think my application was guaranteed an interview at least. Hit all essential criteria with good examples and used the STAR system. Extremely disappointed to not get an interview and furious that they've removed my application from the website so I have no contact details at all now to request feedback.

Sorry to hear that. I wonder if you could email that original email address on the advert too to get feedback that way?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending