Hello!! I'll be joining this year and i have some questions about the coursee
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there, :smile:

It's great to hear that you have been accepted to study Foundation Medicine! We hope to welcome you in September :smile:

If you have any questions about your course or about Westlakes campus I will be more than happy to answer these for you.

Best wishes
Sarah

Hello😊

I am studying there this September also and i have some questions about the accomodation.
Original post by Joeyanne
Hello😊

I am studying there this September also and i have some questions about the accomodation.

Hi there @Joeyanne, :smile:

This is great to hear, please let me know what questions you have and I'll be happy to help answer them. :smile:

All the best,
Sarah
Hello!! I'll be joining this year and i have some questions about the coursee

hey! i would also be joining the medicine foundation year program staring sept 2023, i was hoping if we could have a talk just to clarify a few things! thank you:smile:
Reply 24
Yes ofcourse we can talk
i’m unaware of how to send direct messages on the student room so my my ig username is tanya.11.xo

(Original post by Joeyanne)Yes ofcourse we can talk
Yes ofcourse we can talk

i’m unaware of how to send direct messages on the student room so my my ig username is tanya.11.xo
Reply 27
I just sent a follow request. _joeyanne<
Reply 28
Hi there @Joeyanne, :smile:

This is great to hear, please let me know what questions you have and I'll be happy to help answer them. :smile:

All the best,
Sarah

Hi Sarah,
I am also starting in Sept at the Westlakes campus. I see there are some mandatory and some optional courses. I am from Canada so my English is good. With respect to the other optional courses, why would I take them? Which are helpful for future years?
Thank you!
Original post by Jordanja
Hi Sarah,
I am also starting in Sept at the Westlakes campus. I see there are some mandatory and some optional courses. I am from Canada so my English is good. With respect to the other optional courses, why would I take them? Which are helpful for future years?
Thank you!

Hi there @Jordanja, :smile:

Our MBBS Medicine & Surgery (Foundation Entry) course is popular with international students from all across the world so we do have these optional modules available to help students build on their English skills. I will look into this further and get back to you on how many optional modules you would pick.

Best wishes,
Sarah
Original post by Jordanja
Hi Sarah,
Thank you!

Hi there @Jordanja,

For our MBBS Medicine & Surgery (Foundation Entry) course, students who don’t meet the English language progression requirements need to complete successfully 3 English language modules, (EF1501, EF1502 and EF1337). If you meet the English language progression requirements, you will complete the 2 science-based modules instead (XY1004 and XY1005).

I hope this helps, if you have any question I'd be happy to help.

Best wishes, :smile:
Sarah
Original post by omermem
Hey, I did my foundation for medicine at the westlakes campus. I’m a 3rd year medical student and my placements are going to be there this year . If you have any questions regarding the course and the school you can message me and I’ll try to answer them.

Hi, got an invite for foundation year here at UCLan, how would you say your experience has been ?? Did you enjoy the foundation year ? What about the placements ? How do you like them ? Overall, how is your time at UCLan ? Please let me know if you can, thank you :smile:)
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi, got an invite for foundation year here at UCLan, how would you say your experience has been ?? Did you enjoy the foundation year ? What about the placements ? How do you like them ? Overall, how is your time at UCLan ? Please let me know if you can, thank you :smile:)

Hi there!
I'm one of the current MBBS students at UCLan so hopefully I can help a little! I also studied a foundation year in medical sciences!

I found the foundation year a great way to bridge the gap between a-levels and a degree and it helped me to solidify all of my basic sciences knowledge and improve my academic writing skills!

As for placements, during the 5 year MBBS degree, we have some placements in year 1&2 which are usually based in community. These are great for getting to know how the NHS works as a system and starting to put into practise some of the communication skills you'll have learnt! In years 3,4&5, we have full time placements based in hospitals and community where you further develop your skills and learn more about different conditions. Overall I have really enjoyed my time at UCLan so far!

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

-Rebecca, 4th year mbbs
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi there!
I'm one of the current MBBS students at UCLan so hopefully I can help a little! I also studied a foundation year in medical sciences!

I found the foundation year a great way to bridge the gap between a-levels and a degree and it helped me to solidify all of my basic sciences knowledge and improve my academic writing skills!

As for placements, during the 5 year MBBS degree, we have some placements in year 1&2 which are usually based in community. These are great for getting to know how the NHS works as a system and starting to put into practise some of the communication skills you'll have learnt! In years 3,4&5, we have full time placements based in hospitals and community where you further develop your skills and learn more about different conditions. Overall I have really enjoyed my time at UCLan so far!

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

-Rebecca, 4th year mbbs

Thank you so much for getting back !
Can I ask what about UCLan stood out to you ? Why did you choose it as a medical school ?
Thank you for proving any information regarding this.
They also test your math and English skill before interview, as an international, could you please throw some light on what they might be testing with these skills and how to prepare for it ?
Also long did you prepare for your interview? I have a week to prepare for it and am quite nervous, would that be enough ?
Original post by demonslayer14
Can I ask what about UCLan stood out to you ? Why did you choose it as a medical school ?
They also test your math and English skill before interview, as an international, could you please throw some light on what they might be testing with these skills and how to prepare for it ?
Also long did you prepare for your interview? I have a week to prepare for it and am quite nervous, would that be enough ?

Hi there!

I chose UCLan as it is my local university and I wanted to stay within the North West! I also liked that they did early clinical placements in years 1 &2 and I wanted to start meeting patients as soon as possible.

I prepared for my interview mainly using free, online websites such as the medic portal. I also looked over my transferable skills statement before the interview.

I'm not too sure about the english and maths test as I am a UK student but I can try and find out for you!

Best of luck in your interviews!

-Rebecca, UCLan

Hi @demonslayer14,

Thank you for your question about the Math and English skill test, for further guidance on this I would recommend you reach out to our friendly international admissions team who will be able to provide further support. You can contact the team by email at [email protected]

There is some useful information on the English qualification requirements that are needed to study at UCLan here.

Do let me know if you have any questions. 😊

All the best,
Sarah
(edited 3 months ago)

Hi @demonslayer14,

Thank you for your question about the Math and English skill test, for further guidance on this I would recommend you reach out to our friendly international admissions team who will be able to provide further support. You can contact the team by email at [email protected]

There is some useful information on the English qualification requirements that are needed to study at UCLan here.

Do let me know if you have any questions. 😊

All the best,
Sarah

Hello, thank you for getting back. I just wanted to ask how long it takes for the university to send out offers after an interview, if that is okay for you to tell please let me know, thank you !
Hi @demonslayer14

Thanks for your question. I wouldn't be able to give a specific timeframe but please be assured that our admissions team will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application. It is normal for it to take some time to hear back regarding all medical programmes given the highly competitive nature of the courses.

Best wishes,
Sarah
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending