The Student Room Group

A level 2022 Results remark

Scroll to see replies

Out of interest how do you know your raw score, I only had my grade and mark equiv on my results sheet?
Original post by baekie
same thing happened to me for history!!! i was so confident and wrote over 10 pages worth of essays and came out with 25/80 and i have never scored that low. im going to request my papers at school tomorrow
Original post by Reefie100
Out of interest how do you know your raw score, I only had my grade and mark equiv on my results sheet?

I know this wasn’t for me but for my school, they just gave a sheet which stated the marks we got in each of the papers. I think they thought it would be helpful to make a decision about remarks. But, if you ask your school, you should be able to find out your raw marks for each paper. They should have that information.

Hope this helps
Original post by suej
Still haven't been able to talk with an English teacher to discuss my daughter's remark... missed her predicted grade by 2 marks. Was advised by assistant head to talk to her teacher but four days later and emails and calls but no joy... and deadline tomorrow for priority marking. Has her place already at Uni on her achieved grades, so that's good but some advice over whether to do both paper 1 and/or paper 2 would have been beneficial..maybe I shouldn't worry about priority and take our time, that way if mark does go down she will already have started at Uni. What can they do... throw her out??

The priority reviews of marking are meant to be just for people needing them to secure a university place. If your daughter is sorted then you should go for a standard review (so as not to slow the system down for those who need it) even they're still available.

There will be members of the English department in school on Thursday for the GCSE results and you might well get an answer then. In the meantime you could order copies of the marked scripts (free for Edexcel and AQA) so that the teacher can recommend which paper to try (first).
Thank you, that's great info, do you know if you apply for a remark are all the papers automatically remarked? I've applied for a remark of my Psychology as I was 1 mark away from an A but I'm worried I may have filled the form in incorrectly?

Original post by 17bbbba
I know this wasn’t for me but for my school, they just gave a sheet which stated the marks we got in each of the papers. I think they thought it would be helpful to make a decision about remarks. But, if you ask your school, you should be able to find out your raw marks for each paper. They should have that information.

Hope this helps
Thank you, that's great info, do you know if you apply for a remark are all the papers automatically remarked? I've applied for a remark of my Psychology as I was 1 mark away from an A but I'm worried I may have filled the form in incorrectly?

Each paper is charged and ordered separately. If you paid for 3 (around £150) then they will do them all. If not, I'd try to do one at a time and there is little more depressing than doing them all and having one go up and one go down.
Reply 45
Original post by EBluebear
The priority reviews of marking are meant to be just for people needing them to secure a university place. If your daughter is sorted then you should go for a standard review (so as not to slow the system down for those who need it) even they're still available.

There will be members of the English department in school on Thursday for the GCSE results and you might well get an answer then. In the meantime you could order copies of the marked scripts (free for Edexcel and AQA) so that the teacher can recommend which paper to try (first).

That's a good call, good advice thank you. There is no rush your'e right. And more important that others get their places sorted. I will slow things down and just order the scripts. Thank you so much.

At my school, they sent us an electronic form and we had to specify which papers we wanted to be remarked.
just got my one of my PE paper remarks back and one paper went up 6 marks!! only needed one mark omg
Original post by dreweloise
just got my one of my PE paper remarks back and one paper went up 6 marks!! only needed one mark omg

Oh wow! That’s amazing. Congratulations!!
Sorry don’t know much about PE a level, is it a very subjective subject or more like the sciences? Was this also AQA? Also did you send yours off for priority remark? Sorry for the questions!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 17bbbba
Oh wow! That’s amazing. Congratulations!!
Sorry don’t know much about PE a level, is it a very subjective subject or more like the sciences? Was this also AQA? Also did you send yours off for priority remark? Sorry for the questions!

thanks! it’s kind of a mix, there’s a lot of 1/2 markers that obviously have a right/wrong answer, but there’s also two 9 markers and one 20 marker across the 3 papers which are a little more subjective, although there’s still scientific parts that obviously are facts. it was OCR and yeah it was a priority remark bc i originally missed both my offers but now have AAA for my insurance!!! so happy :smile:
Original post by dreweloise
thanks! it’s kind of a mix, there’s a lot of 1/2 markers that obviously have a right/wrong answer, but there’s also two 9 markers and one 20 marker across the 3 papers which are a little more subjective, although there’s still scientific parts that obviously are facts. it was OCR and yeah it was a priority remark bc i originally missed both my offers but now have AAA for my insurance!!! so happy :smile:

Ah ok!! I was going to ask the same thing as 17bbbba. Well done, good luck at uni!! Those are amazing grades, hopefully I can also get AAA with my chemistry remark😅
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you, I think we may have made a mistake, there were 3 Psychology papers and all we put in the 'Paper Code' column on the form was the one code which was 7182, how do we know what codes to put? and it only says 7182 on the remark request form?
I don't think we have time to do them one at a time now as the deadline is 25th August
Each paper is charged and ordered separately. If you paid for 3 (around £150) then they will do them all. If not, I'd try to do one at a time and there is little more depressing than doing them all and having one go up and one go down.
Does anyone know the Paper Codes for each of the AQA Psychology papers please, The element code is 7182, are they just 7182/1, 7182/2, 7182/3?? We requested a remark but have only requested one when we wanted all 3 remarked!
Does anyone know the Paper Codes for each of the AQA Psychology papers please, The element code is 7182, are they just 7182/1, 7182/2, 7182/3?? We requested a remark but have only requested one when we wanted all 3 remarked!

Yes, 7182/1 etc
Thank you, on the remark form that was sent few days ago we only put 7182, so no paper number, do you think there's a chance they may mark paper 1.
We're going to request remarks for paper 2 and 3 now, I know I may get that 1 mark from this paper but I don't know if it will be back by the 25th Aug deadline for requesting the remark of the other 2 papers
Sorry for being a bit dumb, I'm in panic mode
Yes, 7182/1 etc
Thank you, on the remark form that was sent few days ago we only put 7182, so no paper number, do you think there's a chance they may mark paper 1.
We're going to request remarks for paper 2 and 3 now, I know I may get that 1 mark from this paper but I don't know if it will be back by the 25th Aug deadline for requesting the remark of the other 2 papers
Sorry for being a bit dumb, I'm in panic mode

AQA takes ages with reviews of marking but you have until mid September to request one if you're not hoping to use it to confirm a university place.
AQA takes ages with reviews of marking but you have until mid September to request one if you're not hoping to use it to confirm a university place.

Ah, that explains it! I think the 25th Aug is the R2P and the R2Pa which are both the priority services! Thank you, this helps

AQA has had all manner of problems this year. It's still a lottery as to whether you can get into the post results service on the website.

I won't go into the debacle of how we examiners found this year's marking...
Original post by Reality Check
AQA has had all manner of problems this year. It's still a lottery as to whether you can get into the post results service on the website.

I won't go into the debacle of how we examiners found this year's marking...

Intriguing…
Reply 59
Original post by Jessi2004
Ah ok!! I was going to ask the same thing as 17bbbba. Well done, good luck at uni!! Those are amazing grades, hopefully I can also get AAA with my chemistry remark😅

is this aqa chem? how far off are you from the grade you need/want?

Quick Reply

Latest