The Student Room Group

A level 2022 Results remark

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for mentioning the post results website, I'll just had a look and there is a lot of useful information on there
Original post by Reality Check
AQA has had all manner of problems this year. It's still a lottery as to whether you can get into the post results service on the website.

I won't go into the debacle of how we examiners found this year's marking...
Original post by 5_ooo
is this aqa chem? how far off are you from the grade you need/want?

Hey, yeah this is for chem aqa. I'm a mark of an A. I need an A to apply for med next year so praying I get it. I thought my paper 3 mark seemed quite low compared to how I felt after the exam? Really hoping for the best!! How about you?
hi guys i am one mark away from an A* in econ and idk whether i should get it remarked. I have a max of 26 marks to lose in order to stay within my current A grade but im scared it might bump my grade down (worst case scenario). Do you think I should take a risk and get it remarked?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by suej
Still haven't been able to talk with an English teacher to discuss my daughter's remark... missed her predicted grade by 2 marks. Was advised by assistant head to talk to her teacher but four days later and emails and calls but no joy... and deadline tomorrow for priority marking. Has her place already at Uni on her achieved grades, so that's good but some advice over whether to do both paper 1 and/or paper 2 would have been beneficial..maybe I shouldn't worry about priority and take our time, that way if mark does go down she will already have started at Uni. What can they do... throw her out??

It would be highly unlikely to go down enough for her to lose her grade and teacher does not sound overly helpful tbh but you are right there is no rush as she has her place.I would get both remarked to find those extra marks .
Original post by deniseeeeee
hi guys i am one mark away from an A* in econ and idk whether i should get it remarked. I have a max of 26 marks to lose in order to stay within my current A grade but im scared it might bump my grade down (worst case scenario). Do you think I should take a risk and get it remarked?

Does your uni place depend on keeping the A?
Reply 65
Original post by Scotney
It would be highly unlikely to go down enough for her to lose her grade and teacher does not sound overly helpful tbh but you are right there is no rush as she has her place.I would get both remarked to find those extra marks .

Thank you , I thought I might do paper 1 first as that was her lowest mark and if that doesn't throw anything up do paper 2. If I do them both together one might go up 2 and the other might go down 2 cancelling each other out... good idea?
Reply 66
Original post by Reality Check
AQA has had all manner of problems this year. It's still a lottery as to whether you can get into the post results service on the website.

I won't go into the debacle of how we examiners found this year's marking...

debacle in what way... interesting....
Reply 67
Original post by Jessi2004
Hey, yeah this is for chem aqa. I'm a mark of an A. I need an A to apply for med next year so praying I get it. I thought my paper 3 mark seemed quite low compared to how I felt after the exam? Really hoping for the best!! How about you?

samee im one mark off a B i want to find that one mark bc i wont sleep well lmaoo might get paper 1 checked.. do you think its worth sending for a remark?
Original post by 5_ooo
samee im one mark off a B i want to find that one mark bc i wont sleep well lmaoo might get paper 1 checked.. do you think its worth sending for a remark?

I've sent mine off. I just remember paper 3 going so well and then I ended up with 58. Paper 1 I thought wasn't too bad but I made so many mistakes due to not reading questions properly and got 70. I dont know, the marks don't seem to add up. I just need 1 mark so hopefully they can find something.
Also, do you need the B for uni? If you need to, I would say go for it. I would doubt that you would fall into a D. I would say get one paper remarked and if it doesn't change, do another one.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by suej
Thank you , I thought I might do paper 1 first as that was her lowest mark and if that doesn't throw anything up do paper 2. If I do them both together one might go up 2 and the other might go down 2 cancelling each other out... good idea?

Yes sounds like a plan but timing wise might have to do paper1 priority in order to get results back in time to decide about paper 2.

Original post by 5_ooo

Yes nothing to lose.Fingers crossed.
Original post by 5_ooo

Also, for your peace of mind, you could get it remarked just so you don't regret not remarking later
Reply 71
Original post by Scotney
Yes nothing to lose.Fingers crossed.

Also, for your peace of mind, you could get it remarked just so you don't regret not remarking later

Also, do you need the B for uni? If you need to, I would say go for it. I would doubt that you would fall into a D. I would say get one paper remarked and if it doesn't change, do another one.

thanks for the replies, one paper at a time it is then🙏
Wait when I asked my school to send of remarks they just made me fill a sheet in and that’s it sent it off was I meant to pay or pick a paper Cus I didn’t
Original post by Saif_04
Wait when I asked my school to send of remarks they just made me fill a sheet in and that’s it sent it off was I meant to pay or pick a paper Cus I didn’t

You might have had to pay unless the school agreed to cover the costs for you. Maybe ring them tomorrow and confirm that you want to send your paper off to remark and ask about the payment?
Sorry, kind of misread the question 😅, yes, you also would have have had to pick a paper too. I suggest calling the school up tomorrow
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Saif_04

The way a lot of remarks work you just get the scripts back first and that costs nothing.The school then can advise what or whether to ask for a remark on which papers.
I called the school today and the call says they are closed for the summer holidays ☠️

You might have had to pay unless the school agreed to cover the costs for you. Maybe ring them tomorrow and confirm that you want to send your paper off to remark and ask about the payment?
Sorry, kind of misread the question 😅, yes, you also would have have had to pick a paper too. I suggest calling the school up tomorrow
Original post by Saif_04
I called the school today and the call says they are closed for the summer holidays ☠️

Do you need yours remarked urgently- as in do you need it done quickly for your uni place?
If that's the case, I'm sure your school would be open for GCSE results day so I suggest giving them a ring then?
Reply 77
Original post by Saif_04

That's probably just a generic answer machine message. They will be open as office staff work through holidays. But maybe on flexi hours. Try sending an email to the school office , they will sure to be in as they have GCSe results on Thursday.
I need it for my degree apprenticeship and yup hopefully they pick up on results day I’ll try email again in the morning

Do you need yours remarked urgently- as in do you need it done quickly for your uni place?
If that's the case, I'm sure your school would be open for GCSE results day so I suggest giving them a ring then?
Yeh I think I’ll try them I’m confused as to why they didn’t make me pick a paper and pay for it

Original post by suej
That's probably just a generic answer machine message. They will be open as office staff work through holidays. But maybe on flexi hours. Try sending an email to the school office , they will sure to be in as they have GCSe results on Thursday.

Quick Reply

Latest