The Student Room Group

A level 2022 Results remark

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Saif_04
I called the school today and the call says they are closed for the summer holidays ☠️

There should be an exam office number to call with your results as the school exam officer will be working. If not look up the extension number or e mail for the exam officer on your schools website and try that. Fingers crossed
Has anyone heard back after a remark yet? Such a stressful situation!
I just recieved my maths remark it went down a few marks but stayed the same grade

Original post by Eco22
There should be an exam office number to call with your results as the school exam officer will be working. If not look up the extension number or e mail for the exam officer on your schools website and try that. Fingers crossed
I just got my maths one went down 3 marks but same grade

Original post by 17bbbba
Has anyone heard back after a remark yet? Such a stressful situation!
Has anybody requested an Edexcel paper to be remarked? Have you heard back?
anyone got any AQA re marks back yet?
Lost out on my offer from my firm choice. Extremely sad and don’t know how else to move on. Had to endure verbal abuse and pressure from my family members. Was only under 4 marks off. AQA exam board for all my subjects.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Saif_04
I just recieved my maths remark it went down a few marks but stayed the same grade

Phew, glad it stayed the same grade
Original post by Blablu
Lost out on my offer from my firm choice. Extremely sad and don’t know how else to move on. Had to endure verbal abuse and pressure from my family members. Was only under 4 marks off. AQA exam board for all my subjects.

That’s very wrong for your family members to give you verbal abuse.
Do you have an insurance choice to go to?
Original post by Saif_04

Ah, I’m sorry to hear that. Did you need a higher grade for uni?

Was this AQA and was it a priority remark?
Original post by dreweloise
anyone got any AQA re marks back yet?

No, I haven’t heard back yet
Original post by Blablu

I’m really sorry about that. Have you tried talking to them- verbally abusing you is wrong in itself and just adds to the pressure and stress you are already under. I really hope you feel better soon.
Do you have an insurance uni you would like to go to and what course? Have you considered remarking or resitting potentially next summer in order to receive the grades needed for uni?
Original post by Blablu

Lol I am in the EXACT same situation, my dad is so mad at me and I have been crying since results day. im having 2 a levels remarked for being 4 marks off As
Original post by harrysbar
That’s very wrong for your family members to give you verbal abuse.
Do you have an insurance choice to go to?

Insurance choice rejected me :biggrin: life is great.
Original post by 17bbbba
I’m really sorry about that. Have you tried talking to them- verbally abusing you is wrong in itself and just adds to the pressure and stress you are already under. I really hope you feel better soon.
Do you have an insurance uni you would like to go to and what course? Have you considered remarking or resitting potentially next summer in order to receive the grades needed for uni?

They said they were sorry but the damage is done. I can’t lie, I’m feeling pretty cidal so yeah, no amount of apologies will ease my mind. They made me pick an option in clearing I really didn’t want to do then I called the university up and they released me - family got reeeeeeally angry. Chose another option but I know I won’t fit in and that university will defiantly NOT help me get the career I want.

Slipped back into depression and am now feeling extremely happy about my life :smile: it could be worse but my biggest fear is failure and I failed. I looked into resitting and most of the firms in the careers I want don’t like resits. Also, I have no idea where I would resit since my 6th form won’t let me resit there. I wouldn’t even know which subjects to resit since one of them has very few resources but might be the easiest. Not only that, but I wouldn’t be able to get into my dream university anyway and none of the others would be good for the career I want so everything’s gone to sh17.

To make matters worse, my clearing accommodation offer expires tomorrow and I have yet to enrol - mostly because I am trying my best to weigh all my options and pick the best one. I know that once I enrol, I am liable for paying the fees.

Honestly, I’m stuck and all I can do is waste time and permanently sleep. Istg, if it turns out that the examiner undermarked me, I hope karma will get them.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Blablu
They said they were sorry but the damage is done. Can’t lie, I’m feeling pretty cidal so yeah, no amount of sorries will ease my mind. Back into depression and feeling extremely happy about my life :smile: it could be worse but my biggest fear is failure and I failed. I looked into resitting and most of the firms in the careers I want don’t like resits. Also, I have no idea where I would resit since my 6th form won’t let me resit there. Also, my clearing accommodation offer expires tomorrow and I have yet to enrol - mostly because I am trying my best to weigh all my options and pick the best one. Honestly, I’m stuck and all I can do is waste time and permanently sleep.

I’m really sorry- I know and understand how stressful it is when you’ve put in so much work and the outcome is not what you expected or deserve. Think through your options and consider asking your clearing choice for a bit more time to try and sort things out. Uni is a big decision and if you need a bit more time, the uni may be able to accommodate for you and give you a couple more days.

In terms of resitting, you can always resist privately. I’m not sure about the details of that unfortunately but I’m sure the school may be able to give you some details on that.

As you’ve said you’re only a couple of marks off your desired grade, would it be possible for you order scripts and go through those with your teachers and see where they think marks should have been awarded. Mistakes with marking do happen and there’s a chance your grade can increase.

But most importantly, you need to prioritise your mental health and seek help. I’m really hoping you feel better soon. Please try talking to someone you trust who may help you weigh your options. Wishing you the very best of luck! Sending you all the love and virtual hugs.
:h:
Original post by Blablu
They said they were sorry but the damage is done. I can’t lie, I’m feeling pretty cidal so yeah, no amount of apologies will ease my mind. They made me pick an option in clearing I really didn’t want to do then I called the university up and they released me - family got reeeeeeally angry. Chose another option but I know I won’t fit in and that university will defiantly NOT help me get the career I want.

Slipped back into depression and am now feeling extremely happy about my life :smile: it could be worse but my biggest fear is failure and I failed. I looked into resitting and most of the firms in the careers I want don’t like resits. Also, I have no idea where I would resit since my 6th form won’t let me resit there. I wouldn’t even know which subjects to resit since one of them has very few resources but might be the easiest. Not only that, but I wouldn’t be able to get into my dream university anyway and none of the others would be good for the career I want so everything’s gone to sh17.

To make matters worse, my clearing accommodation offer expires tomorrow and I have yet to enrol - mostly because I am trying my best to weigh all my options and pick the best one. I know that once I enrol, I am liable for paying the fees.

Honestly, I’m stuck and all I can do is waste time and permanently sleep. Istg, if it turns out that the examiner undermarked me, I hope karma will get them.

What uni and course were your firm?What is your new clearing choice?I think the advice to request more time is correct.You need time to think.
Has anyone heard anything from aqa yet?
Nope

Original post by tees667
Has anyone heard anything from aqa yet?
I don’t even know if my school helped me fill the form correctly. They haven’t informed about what type of remark service they chose for me. I’m hoping that it was the priority one because the deadline is today and I have no idea how to pay for it myself.

Quick Reply

Latest