The Student Room Group

pharmacy foundation year

i'm going into year 13 in september, i've decided i want to do pharmacy in university but i'm doing english lit, sociology and psychology as a levels. i'm planning on retaking my maths gcse too. i've had a look at the universities i would like to go to and they've recommended students who don't have the required a level subjects (me) to take a foundation year. would this be a good idea?
Original post by ridhashah
i'm going into year 13 in september, i've decided i want to do pharmacy in university but i'm doing english lit, sociology and psychology as a levels. i'm planning on retaking my maths gcse too. i've had a look at the universities i would like to go to and they've recommended students who don't have the required a level subjects (me) to take a foundation year. would this be a good idea?

There is no other choice, to get into pharmacy u need an A in either bio or chem alevel and a B in the other, or sometimes a B in both, the point I'm tryna make is if ur deadset on studying pharmacy the foundation course is the only route unless u take a gap year and learn both alevel chem n bio n take alevels for them separately.
Reply 2
Original post by '_____'Bruh
There is no other choice, to get into pharmacy u need an A in either bio or chem alevel and a B in the other, or sometimes a B in both, the point I'm tryna make is if ur deadset on studying pharmacy the foundation course is the only route unless u take a gap year and learn both alevel chem n bio n take alevels for them separately.

would it not be possible for me to take the foundation year? i checked uni of manchester and their website says 'We also consider students who have obtained A-levels (or equivalent) at standard entry Grades (ABB-AAB), but in subjects inappropriate for direct admission to the MPharm degree'
Original post by ridhashah
would it not be possible for me to take the foundation year? i checked uni of manchester and their website says 'We also consider students who have obtained A-levels (or equivalent) at standard entry Grades (ABB-AAB), but in subjects inappropriate for direct admission to the MPharm degree'

yes a foundation year would be allowed, which normally has lower entry requirements so u should be good
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending