The Student Room Group

Educational Psychology Doctorate 2023 Intake

Hi, starting a thread for those putting in an application for the Educational Psychology Doctorate this year :smile:

I will be submitting my first application.

Feel free to post!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I will be applying for the second year. Fingers crossed this time!
I wish there was more information online about the personal statement process, I always second guess myself about what to put in!

Good luck!
Ahhh wishing you the best of luck too!

Do you have any reflections on last year's application, anything that stands out as not quite right? Where did you apply to?

It seems like a game of battleships in terms of what to include.

Original post by hbeau93
Hi,

I wish there was more information online about the personal statement process, I always second guess myself about what to put in!

Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by alevelprobs
Ahhh wishing you the best of luck too!

Do you have any reflections on last year's application, anything that stands out as not quite right? Where did you apply to?

It seems like a game of battleships in terms of what to include.

I had just had a baby like a week before the application was due, so my brain was complete and utter mush. To be honest it still is a year later. I'm definitely doing more research about reflection - which is something you definitely need to include.

I wish I knew what the best way to layout is. at the moment I am basically explaining all of my employment and reflecting on practice etc!
Hi! I'm only a final year psych undergrad currently but am looking into the educational psychology doctorate and was wondering what qualifications/experience you guys are applying with? Did anyone do a masters to "strengthen" their application or is it just (years of!) experience? thanks:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ungatodepsych
Hi! I'm only a final year psych undergrad currently but am looking into the educational psychology doctorate and was wondering what qualifications/experience you guys are applying with? Did anyone do a masters to "strengthen" their application or is it just (years of!) experience? thanks:smile:

Hiya,
I did a masters to gain BPS status, as my undergrad didnt offer that. It really did help strengthen my skills though.
If your undergrad comes with BPS then you can apply straight away but honestly, it is extremely competitive and you should spend a couple of years working with children and young people directly to gain the experience to write a kick ass personal statement
Hi!! I am applying for the first time and I am finding it a bit difficult to talk about examples in my personal statement. I don't know how to make it sound professional if that makes sense. It's so annoying that there is no help out there for this!!
Original post by hbeau93
Hi,

Good luck!

Hi is the personal statement 6000 characters with or without spaces
Reply 8
Hi everyone. I’m applying for the first time this year. I’m getting on a bit so fingers tightly crossed. I guess it’s just a waiting game now
Hey everyone - first time applicant! Does anyone know when you can expect to hear about interviews etc.?
Reply 10
Original post by lwoodhurst
Hey everyone - first time applicant! Does anyone know when you can expect to hear about interviews etc.?

I don’t know! I just wrote a similar post but somehow got it posted in dentistry 🤷*♀️. Will watch this post in anticipation
Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm waiting to hear from 2 universities still
Reply 12
Original post by 101_hazza
Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm waiting to hear from 2 universities still

Have you heard from the third?
looking at last year’s thread, they started hearing from about 14th Jan to mid feb.
Good luck!
Reply 13
Ok, just received a response from Tavistock. Good luck, everyone!
Original post by Skkskk
Ok, just received a response from Tavistock. Good luck, everyone!

Did you receive an email? Are they shortlisting?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 15
Original post by L_123496
Did you receive an email? Are they shortlisting?

Yes, an email
Original post by Skkskk
Yes, an email

Did you secure an interview?!
Reply 17
Original post by L_123496
Did you secure an interview?!

Yes!
That’s so exciting well done. I am waiting to hear…
Original post by Skkskk
Yes!
Reply 19
Original post by Agriffiths
That’s so exciting well done. I am waiting to hear…

Fingers crossed for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending