The Student Room Group

A Levels that are needed for Pharmacy

I am currently studying Biology, Chemistry and Business Studies. I was told that i should switch Business with Economics because no Russel Group universities would accept me for Pharmacy. Apparently Business is a watered down and easier version of Economics. I am already doing two difficult a levels so i don't want to do economics. Has anyone gotten into a Russel Group university for pharmacy with taking Business?
Original post by florenc33
I am currently studying Biology, Chemistry and Business Studies. I was told that i should switch Business with Economics because no Russel Group universities would accept me for Pharmacy. Apparently Business is a watered down and easier version of Economics. I am already doing two difficult a levels so i don't want to do economics. Has anyone gotten into a Russel Group university for pharmacy with taking Business?

u only need bio and chem my friend
Original post by florenc33

It's RUSSELL group. Why can literally no-one who obsesses about this group of universities actually spell it!

Apparently - no. Business is a different A level to economics, not a 'watered-down version'. Where did you get that from - it sounds like something an old person would say. You need three A levels, usually including chemistry and often one other science/maths.

Original post by Cinnaroll18
u only need bio and chem my friend

No. They need three A levels, not two.
Original post by Reality Check

Well everything needs 3 but I mean they don't ask for econ. they ask for bio and chem
Reply 4

I do not obsess over those universities. I was just asking about them because I was told that I wouldn’t be able to get into them. I don’t believe that business is a watered down version of economics, that is just what I’ve heard. People definitely do say business is easier and more watered down than economics. You’re response definitely came of as rude, even though I was just asking a genuine question.
Reply 5
It
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending