The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 1
email the admissions department. Or apply and find out for real. No-on on here will know
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
thnx
No one can really know, its probably a good idea to contact admissions but they may not be able to help you much on this either.
Orthoptics is a very high-demand course here as there are not many places in the UK that offer the course, in this respect you ABC could make you less appealing that the other applicants that are your competition.

If you are predicted solid A and B in science subjects though, I'd say its definately worth a shot!
Reply 4
My offer from Sheffield is BBB. On track, the offer they gave me was ABC/BBB/AAD. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 5
sheffields given me an offer of ABB OR AAC so woooo!
Right , when Sheffield make an offer e.g CCC will they also include alternatives? Like AAD, BBD or if its BBB , AAC etc..

What offer(s) did you get?
I got an ABB offer, and it meant ABB. If I'd gotten AAC, I wouldn't've been allowed to go there.
splorgie
I got an ABB offer, and it meant ABB. If I'd gotten AAC, I wouldn't've been allowed to go there.

Oh hiya splorgie I think I know your sister. Did you get rejected because you got ABB instead of AAC? What couse was it?
Reply 9
Jack Sparrow
Right , when Sheffield make an offer e.g CCC will they also include alternatives? Like AAD, BBD or if its BBB , AAC etc..

What offer(s) did you get?

In a lot of cases if your offer was BBB and you got AAC I would expect you would be fine, unless the low grade is in the subject you actually want to do at uni.

How flexible a department is in letting you in if you don't meet the grades varies from year to year. If a lot of people they've made offers to don't quite make the grades then they will still want to take people anyway. However if more than expected make the grades then the finite number of places each course has will be filled and there will be no need for the department to consider taking those that didn't get the grades.

So basically, it depends!
Jack Sparrow
Oh hiya splorgie I think I know your sister. Did you get rejected because you got ABB instead of AAC? What couse was it?

I don't have a sister...

I had it as my insurance, but rang them and they said they wouldn't let me in with AAC if I got that. I got into my firm though :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending