The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Rejection in November?

Hi guys,

I've just received a rejection from LSE for BSc Economics and Economic History. Is it unusual to be rejected this early (5th November) from LSE? They said "your application was unsuccessful as a consequence of the qualities of your personal statement." My teachers said my PS was very strong, but I think it may be because I spoke about economics, history and the overlap between them, with not enough explicit economic history perhaps. I know this course is really competitive so I'm not getting too down over this. I thought LSE made decisions from January time so I was surprised get a decision this early, but maybe they are rolling them out early for Oxbridge applicants?
Reply 1
a lot of people are getting rejections around about now, i’ve seen some for other degrees too based on PS/gcse grades
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

I've just received a rejection from LSE for BSc Economics and Economic History. Is it unusual to be rejected this early (5th November) from LSE? They said "your application was unsuccessful as a consequence of the qualities of your personal statement." My teachers said my PS was very strong, but I think it may be because I spoke about economics, history and the overlap between them, with not enough explicit economic history perhaps. I know this course is really competitive so I'm not getting too down over this. I thought LSE made decisions from January time so I was surprised get a decision this early, but maybe they are rolling them out early for Oxbridge applicants?

This time it's maybe early rejections , you can see quite some rejections in the main thread .
Original post by m184
a lot of people are getting rejections around about now, i’ve seen some for other degrees too based on PS/gcse grades

Oh ok. Seems a bit harsh to reject people on the basis of their PS when many are yet to submit their application?
Hi, would it be possible for me to know your gcse and a level results as I am looking to apply for this course. No worries if not
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys,

Hi, would it be possible for me to know your gcse grades and predicted a levels as I am looking to apply to this degree - thank you!
Hi - I received 11 grade 9s at GCSE and I am predicted 42 points in IB. Roughly (A*A*A). So I had good grades but got rejected. I think your best chance of getting getting into this course is through making your personal statement closely fitted to Economics and Economic History (which is quite difficult).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending