The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds Law Offer Holders 2023/24

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samsburys
Have you had an offer? They’re going out this week I think :smile:

Original post by Anonymous
I know right! Especially the fact that other law students have heard back already, but I’m hoping that perhaps our course is taking a bit longer. Yes leeds is my only option left tbh apart from edinburgh, so really stressed. Im predicted A*AA but i saw on student room the other day that they only have 12 spaces available, so chances appear to be low. What’s your back up??

i’m still waiting for my leeds offer just for the normal LLB LAW and i’m predicted at A*AA
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by HMFC74
LNAT was a step to far far for me and Durham was the only one that needed it, that I would have applied to. Reckon I would have violently out-lowed you anyway! I liked Newcastle but they don’t have a relationship with a Spanish university anymore so I couldn’t do a year there. Also applied for Dundee and Aberdeen. They both do Scots Law with English Law which is handy. I have ABB offers from both and liked them both. It’s one year longer but free for me (which you probably don’t want to hear!). I actually don’t know who goes to Edi. I was told that last year it was 30pc Scottish / 70pc other with the 30pc all taken from widening access postcodes. I assumed the other was English but maybe not. That whole thing might be an urban myth but the source was credible. Regardless, I was never getting in there. Hope you do though. Great city. My hometown!

Wow ABB is a great offer! Thanks, i supposed it’s worth a shot trying, as I love the city. What made you choose to do hispanic law rather than regular Law LLB ?
I know right! Especially the fact that other law students have heard back already, but I’m hoping that perhaps our course is taking a bit longer. Yes leeds is my only option left tbh apart from edinburgh, so really stressed. Im predicted A*AA but i saw on student room the other day that they only have 12 spaces available, so chances appear to be low. What’s your back up??

12 spaces? Like 12 people? They accepted and had 355 students last year, or have they accepted lots already
12 spaces? Like 12 people? They accepted and had 355 students last year, or have they accepted lots already

how do you know they had that many? idk someone said it on student room but I highly doubt it. I dont know anyone who has got any offers yet for hispanic law, do you?
how do you know they had that many? idk someone said it on student room but I highly doubt it. I dont know anyone who has got any offers yet for hispanic law, do you?

https://www.ucas.com/data-and-analysis/undergraduate-statistics-and-reports/ucas-undergraduate-end-cycle-data-resources-2022

that’s the link I found the data from it won’t let me upload the screen shot but around 360 including a2l applicants
Just got an offer for law with hispanic law!

Original post by HMFC74
Nothing yet! It’s annoying. It’s my last one! Let me know when you hear will do the same. Was told last week in March to be fair. Is it your first choice? What are your predicteds? I’m only at AAA so not sure I will get an offer tbh and have a good back up. Closure would be nice though!
I've been sent 2 emails - one for the Law offer holders day, and one for the A2L one. My parents can only take me to one, so anyone have any advice for which one I should pick?
Anyone else received offers?
I’m still waiting! I’m starting to think they’ve lost my application!

Anyone else received offers?
Original post by Nicoladawson2000
I’m still waiting! I’m starting to think they’ve lost my application!

Was literally just coming to ask if anyone else was still waiting, glad I’m not the only one ahahah

Was thinking I might email next week or something. Mine was initially rejected but then they got more information and ‘unrejected’ and they said it would either show as an offer on UCAS or they’d email me if it was unsuccessful ‘again’
Original post by dylnottheherb
Was literally just coming to ask if anyone else was still waiting, glad I’m not the only one ahahah

Was thinking I might email next week or something. Mine was initially rejected but then they got more information and ‘unrejected’ and they said it would either show as an offer on UCAS or they’d email me if it was unsuccessful ‘again’

Have you heard anything yet? Did they respond to your email? Still waiting 😭

Aa sorry I meant to come on and say!

I emailed (directly to the person that ‘unrejected’ me) and they replied next day saying I was unsuccessful.

I’ll be honest I’m not convinced they did actually reconsider me given that I had to prompt them for a response… Leeds was a back up ish option though so I’m not really bothered

Definitely might be worth firing them an email as it wasn’t a ‘we haven’t finished our considerations yet.’

fingers crossed for you!
Heyy, I haven't applied for law but did apply to Leeds so thought I would share just for you guys to have more information.

It seems that the thought of "I think they've lost my application" isn't just running with the law applicants, as I had thought the same thing too!

I sent my applications off in November, and heard back from all 4 other unis relatively quickly, so was only waiting for Leeds. Around 3 weeks ago, I got an email from Leeds saying they needed a copy of my GCSE English grades (the certificate) - which is fine as other universities that I applied to requested this too.

I responded to the email, maybe 15 minutes after it was sent, but never got any acknowledgement or anything like that, which started to concern me. So yesterday (Monday), I emailed back on the same email thread, just asking what was going on as nicely as possible, and the response that I got fully confirmed my suspicion that my application had gotten left behind.

They responded to me asking if I could provide my UCAS id and also re-attach my GCSE certificate, that I had already given them 3 weeks prior. I did so within 5 minutes of receiving the email, and an hour or so later I got an offer.

It would seem that Leeds is struggling with a backlog or some sort of overflow of applications that they aren't able to cater to properly. If you're still waiting, I would suggest maybe dropping your department an email - it could help!

Original post by dylnottheherb
Aa sorry I meant to come on and say!

I emailed (directly to the person that ‘unrejected’ me) and they replied next day saying I was unsuccessful.

I’ll be honest I’m not convinced they did actually reconsider me given that I had to prompt them for a response… Leeds was a back up ish option though so I’m not really bothered

Definitely might be worth firing them an email as it wasn’t a ‘we haven’t finished our considerations yet.’

fingers crossed for you!
Anyone still waiting for an offer/rejection?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I got offered AAA, do u know if you will firm them? I’m currently picking between leeds and Newcastle
which did you pick and why? those are currently my top choices :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest