The Student Room Group

Applying to American University from the UK

I am a year 12 student planning on applying to some high ranked universities such as NYU and Georgetown. I know they have a very holistic approach and I am somewhat worried I dont have the extra curriculars to compete with americans. I currently have: gold dofe, volunteering for animal conservation in costa rica, i am an academic coach, work experience with an mp, activist for amnesty international, and air cadets. For a UK student I feel I have a decent amount but I keep seeing americans with way more advanced stuff than this. Any suggestions on what more I should do that is available in the UK? And if my greats are on a good level could I have a chance getting in with these? Thank you :smile:
Just because you do certain things don’t guarantee you getting in American applications are almost completely luck based.

As long as you have a 3.7 GPA (3 As) and with the extracurriculars you currently have you’re good to go.

You’re biggest worry should be funding
What are good extracurricular to do in year 12 because I don’t have much and if I’m applying ED1 to NYU what are things I definitely need?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending