The Student Room Group

BBC Advanced Journalism Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Hey. Did anyone else apply to the London branch? Its my first time applying to the BBC so I'm kinda confused on what type of interview this will be. Will the questions be general/normal interview questions or will they be ones related to journalism?
Reply 21
Thank you soo much for the reply and good luck everyone! Is anyone applying to Salford?
Original post by A211ali
Thank you soo much for the reply and good luck everyone! Is anyone applying to Salford?

I am! But I’ve applied to Salford Sports x
Reply 23
Original post by A211ali

Good luck!

I’ve applied for Cardiff, but the English and Welsh Language positions ☺️
Original post by A211ali

I did!
Do you happen to remember where you read that the final stage start 20th March? Thanks in advance!

Original post by izwhizz
god luck guys! anyone have any idea when they'll get back to us? I know the final stage starts 20th march but wondered how long in advance we'd find out if we get through
Original post by personfromlondon
Do you happen to remember where you read that the final stage start 20th March? Thanks in advance!

it said in one of the emails IMG_20230203_013126.jpg
Reply 27
The anticipation is definitely getting to me now! I can’t believe the deadline was only 5 days ago…feels like months. Hope we hear soon!
Original post by izzy.riley
it said in one of the emails IMG_20230203_013126.jpg

Thanks for that, appreciate your response! I don't know how I missed that part of the email. Here's hoping we are invited to interview on that date I guess...
Original post by 17mleh
The anticipation is definitely getting to me now! I can’t believe the deadline was only 5 days ago…feels like months. Hope we hear soon!

How do you feel your interview went? I'm assuming all of us had one video answer and two written tasks?
Reply 30
How do you feel your interview went? I'm assuming all of us had one video answer and two written tasks?

I was a bit nervous for the video, purely as it was so short I felt I had little time to say anything. Tried to fit in what I thought was best for me, though!

I had a video and two written yeah! How did you find it?
Original post by 17mleh
I was a bit nervous for the video, purely as it was so short I felt I had little time to say anything. Tried to fit in what I thought was best for me, though!

I had a video and two written yeah! How did you find it?

not too confident about my video answer but feeling fairly confident about the written tasks. I'm sure it's very competitive though so I'm not exactly expecting to pass just because I'm happy with my answers.
Reply 32
not too confident about my video answer but feeling fairly confident about the written tasks. I'm sure it's very competitive though so I'm not exactly expecting to pass just because I'm happy with my answers.

It’s good to have confidence! Good luck ☺️
Original post by 17mleh
It’s good to have confidence! Good luck ☺️

good luck to you too! Are you applying for London or elsewhere?
Reply 34
good luck to you too! Are you applying for London or elsewhere?

Thanks! No, I’ve applied to Cardiff, to both the English and the Welsh-speaking roles☺️
Original post by 17mleh
Thanks! No, I’ve applied to Cardiff, to both the English and the Welsh-speaking roles☺️

cool, well here's hoping!
Reply 36
Anyone heard anything? I know it probably won’t be a while until we do but…😔
Original post by 17mleh

not yet unfortunately. I wasn't expecting to hear back until at least next week so hoping for news in the next couple weeks. Fingers crossed. Been going to bed dreaming about this job haha
(edited 1 year ago)
received email saying they will let us know the outcome by 10th March and assessment centres will be the week commencing the 20th

Original post by 17mleh
Reply 39
Original post by kallam_12
received email saying they will let us know the outcome by 10th March and assessment centres will be the week commencing the 20th

Yes, me too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending