The Student Room Group

BBC Advanced Journalism Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I’ve received that away, been non stop checking my emails for the past couple weeks, finally some piece of mind and a date to rely on ahh
Reply 41
Gahhh. Longest month ever, I can’t wait to hear back soon! Hope you’re all doing well ☺️
Original post by 17mleh
Gahhh. Longest month ever, I can’t wait to hear back soon! Hope you’re all doing well ☺️

Hope you're doing well also. And tell me about it. I'm literally dreaming about this job. Hopefully some good news soon!
Reply 43
Have you completed the video interview yet?
Reply 44
have you received the video interview yet?

Original post by izzjj
I’ve received that away, been non stop checking my emails for the past couple weeks, finally some piece of mind and a date to rely on ahh
Reply 45
Original post by axa00
Have you completed the video interview yet?

The deadline for my video interview was beginning for February, so yes ☺️
Reply 46
What was the process like? How long do we get to prepare etc? Hope it went well for you :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by axa00
What was the process like? How long do we get to prepare etc? Hope it went well for you :smile:

I’m not sure if it’s the same for all, but for mine it was a couple minutes to prepare maybe up to 3? Then the video itself was 1 minute, and you could only retake it once after.

Once your 3 minutes is up you go straight into the video interview, with a couple seconds countdown of course!😉

I enjoyed answering the questions, though it was definitely stressful. But in some ways, it being over and done with so quickly is good - less time to prepare etc stops me going into overdrive and thinking too much into it! I think it’s so they can see the real you.

Had two written questions after the videos, and these written questions were not timed.

Good luck ☺️
Reply 48
Thank you so much!

Is there a word limit for the written questions?
Reply 49
Original post by axa00
Thank you so much!

Is there a word limit for the written questions?

Yes there is. 350 words I believe, off the top of my head, so don’t take my word for it!

Is it the Journalism advanced you’ve applied for?
Reply 50
I think mine is Journalism- Fast Track.

Thank you for your help :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by axa00
have you received the video interview yet

i applied for the fast track and advanced, completed both video interviews and just waiting to hear back.. so stressful waiting though, patience is key🥴

i applied for the fast track and advanced, completed both video interviews and just waiting to hear back.. so stressful waiting though, patience is key🥴
Reply 52
Original post by 17mleh

It really has been, 10th of March is approaching quick though! Best of luck! x
Reply 53
Original post by izzjj
It really has been, 10th of March is approaching quick though! Best of luck! x

Good luck to you as well! I think the next 4 days will be very painful haha, we could find out any second😳x
Reply 54
Yes extremely painful, itching to find out now! Where are you applying for?! x
Reply 55
Original post by izzjj
Yes extremely painful, itching to find out now! Where are you applying for?! x

Cardiff, English and Welsh roles though as I’m a fluent welsh speaker xx
Reply 56
Original post by 17mleh
Cardiff, English and Welsh roles though as I’m a fluent welsh speaker xx

Cardiff as well! Unfortunately my welsh is not fluent so I had to take a miss on the Welsh applications:frown:x
Reply 57
Original post by izzjj
Cardiff as well! Unfortunately my welsh is not fluent so I had to take a miss on the Welsh applications:frown:x

Ah amazing! Good luck. Who knows, maybe we’ll be working together in the future!👋🏼 Any Welsh is great Welsh, so I’m sure you’ll be able to make great use of it in an English role somehow! X
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 58
Original post by 17mleh
Ah amazing! Good luck. Who knows, maybe we’ll be working together in the future!👋🏼 Any Welsh is great Welsh, so I’m sure you’ll be able to make great use of it in an English role somehow! X

Thank you lovely! Best of luck to you to! Who knows haha, we might very well be! x
Heyy, anyone heard back if they have progressed to the assessment centres yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending