The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Offers

Anyone with a conditional offer (political science) for postgraduate studies, 23????
I'm so anxious they haven't gotten back to me at all. It's over 9 weeks. I was put on waiting list in November, they said they'll get back in January.
Reply 1
Original post by _tanisha_kullu
Anyone with a conditional offer (political science) for postgraduate studies, 23????
I'm so anxious they haven't gotten back to me at all. It's over 9 weeks. I was put on waiting list in November, they said they'll get back in January.

Hey! did you look at the 'Official LSE Postgraduate Applicants 2023 Thread'? I think I read someone who was put back on the queue after being on the waiting list.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hi, just received mine 14 th February (but was never on the waiting list) not sure if it helps
hi! current 2nd year lse student and youtuber here! would love to answer any questions or queries you might have either via this thread or private message.

good luck to everyone with your applications :smile:
Original post by caitzannie
hi! current 2nd year lse student and youtuber here! would love to answer any questions or queries you might have either via this thread or private message.

Is it safe to assume that I have been rejected since the timeline of 8 weeks is passed and there has been no change in my application status?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Is it safe to assume that I have been rejected since the timeline of 8 weeks is passed and there has been no change in my application status?

Do not think like that... I am accepted to my programme 10 weeks after I submited my application. Maybe it just means you applied a competitive programme and they are taking their time.
Original post by caitzannie

hi Cait, I'm about to choose my subjects for IB. I'm not sure if I should take business and management or economics at HL. I've heard some people say that some unis think BM is too easy and they prefer candidates that choose economics instead. Is this true for LSE?
hi Cait, I'm about to choose my subjects for IB. I'm not sure if I should take business and management or economics at HL. I've heard some people say that some unis think BM is too easy and they prefer candidates that choose economics instead. Is this true for LSE?

Hi. I'm currently studying at LSE who studied the IB program : )
One of my friends who got rejected, LSE mentioned how they shouldn't of have taken language courses for their HL's (e.g., English, Spanish) but should have taken other courses. But I have taken both Econ and Business Management for my higher levels. But I guess it depends on what course you're trying to study. If you're trying to go to the finance pathway like me, business management is probs better. But if you're planning on studying economics or some stats based ones, economics is better!
Hi. I'm currently studying at LSE who studied the IB program : )
One of my friends who got rejected, LSE mentioned how they shouldn't of have taken language courses for their HL's (e.g., English, Spanish) but should have taken other courses. But I have taken both Econ and Business Management for my higher levels. But I guess it depends on what course you're trying to study. If you're trying to go to the finance pathway like me, business management is probs better. But if you're planning on studying economics or some stats based ones, economics is better!

I'm not very sure about which career I want to pursue yet but it may be something in neuroscience or business. I know both are in very separate fields hehe so I'm trying to divide my subjects so they'll be okay for applying for both business and science courses in uni. My other 2 HLs are Pyschology and Biology and I want to do either business or economics for my 3rd. If you don't mind can u please answer some questions to help me decide.
1) What did the assignments look like and how was the work load for each?
2) Do you think economics pairs better with pyschology or business will? and why?
3) Do you think they'll reject me just because I took business?
4) Which subject did u personally enjoy more and why?
thanks so much! :smile:

Hi!

No absolutely not! I applied at the start of December 2020 and received my offer at the end of March 2021, so please do not worry! It is quite common for London unis to take a while to get back to applicants, I know that the wait is extremely stressful, but please try not to let it get to you, you have just as much chance as anyone else at this stage.

Best of luck!

Hi there,

Unfortunately I am a home student and took A-Levels as opposed to IB, so unfortunately I do not know the ins and out/specific rules relating to IB. However, I would say that if the courses you are looking to apply for do not explicitly express a preference towards econ over other subjects, then the choice does not matter in that regard.

That being said, I would suggest that the content covered in economics is likely more relevant to most LSE degrees, unless you are looking to study management, or perhaps finance (or something along those lines - i.e. more corporate than social science). So looking at it from a signalling point of view, that is also perhaps why some unis place a preference on economics.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to which subjects you enjoy studying/what you believe you will enjoy more, and what you are looking to study as a degree. As long as you have satisfied the required subjects condition, the rest of your choices should just be what you will enjoy most, as this will be what you can talk most passionately about in applications etc, and likely also make it easier for you to gain a good grade, both of which are desirable attributes in an applicant.

I hope that helps!
for those who got an offer for econ what do you think made your application ( and specifically PS) successful? For instance, did you talk about lse stuff in your PS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending