The Student Room Group

Brampton manor

Hi, I applied to Brampton manor with my predicted grades but got rejected. In the opening evening I was told that I could email them my results on results day. Will they even check it cos I was told that some people are going to their sixth forms on results day with their grades...
Original post by MK78640
Hi, I applied to Brampton manor with my predicted grades but got rejected. In the opening evening I was told that I could email them my results on results day. Will they even check it cos I was told that some people are going to their sixth forms on results day with their grades...

They will definitely let you in if you get all 9s. If you don't however get mostly 9s, then you will not get a place. Fear not though, there are other competitive sixth forms of an equal calibre, such as islington collegiate sixth form
Original post by jaal.0man
They will definitely let you in if you get all 9s. If you don't however get mostly 9s, then you will not get a place. Fear not though, there are other competitive sixth forms of an equal calibre, such as islington collegiate sixth form

I just got an offer to study there. Do you go there?
Original post by Jenjen101
I just got an offer to study there. Do you go there?

I doooooooooo
Original post by Dominoes2015
I doooooooooo

Oh great. Are you enjoying it?
Oh great. Are you enjoying it?

I picked it over many other good sixth forms (Brampton, Fortismere, Woodhouse, Ilford County High Sixth Form, Wren.. etc etc) and it was the best decision I've ever made. The support here for everything is unmatched. I love how we only have 30 people in our year!!! (Next year 12 will have max 50). This means you will know everyone in your year very well! Any specific questions? As if I was to talk about everything I like about the sixth form, I'd be here for about an hr writing it out.
I picked it over many other good sixth forms (Brampton, Fortismere, Woodhouse, Ilford County High Sixth Form, Wren.. etc etc) and it was the best decision I've ever made. The support here for everything is unmatched. I love how we only have 30 people in our year!!! (Next year 12 will have max 50). This means you will know everyone in your year very well! Any specific questions? As if I was to talk about everything I like about the sixth form, I'd be here for about an hr writing it out.

That is so nice. I met some of the Y12 students. They were so friendly and had high praise for the 6th form. Why did you pick ICS over the others aside from the small cohort?
The Sixth Form academic support is beyond anything I've ever seen.

For example if students are underachieving (in their specific subjects, in relation to their individual target grades). They get 1:1 tutoring from an Imperial University Tutor with a degree in that subject.

Moving onto more holistic things, we have great Oxbridge support. Last week one of the Cambridge Admissions people (he reads the personal statements and looks at grades to see if you get an interview or not) came in to speak to us about how to ace our personal statement.

The funding... even though money may be a topic no one really speaks about, its evident that there is a lot of resources. E.g. £100 pound Uplearn accounts for all students and other things such as £250 per society to buy things for their chosen Univeristy course.

Any other questions? 😊
The Sixth Form academic support is beyond anything I've ever seen.

For example if students are underachieving (in their specific subjects, in relation to their individual target grades). They get 1:1 tutoring from an Imperial University Tutor with a degree in that subject.

Moving onto more holistic things, we have great Oxbridge support. Last week one of the Cambridge Admissions people (he reads the personal statements and looks at grades to see if you get an interview or not) came in to speak to us about how to ace our personal statement.

The funding... even though money may be a topic no one really speaks about, its evident that there is a lot of resources. E.g. £100 pound Uplearn accounts for all students and other things such as £250 per society to buy things for their chosen Univeristy course.

Any other questions? 😊

Oh that’s really amazing. You get a budget for your societies? That’s so good!!!

Is there anything you’d improve?
Oh that’s really amazing. You get a budget for your societies? That’s so good!!!

Is there anything you’d improve?

There's nothing apart from one thing.

Having to walk 5 mins from the science labs (main site) to the sixth form. (I think this is just because I'm lazy 😂).

Other than that, it's perfect.

Quick Reply

Latest