The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

What accommodation contract should I get?

I am an undergraduate who will be studying midwifery and will only have 3 weeks off in the summer. Looking at the contracts, it seems that I can only get a 51 week contract if I state that I was a postgraduate. There is one accommodation that offers 42 weeks. I’m pretty sure I’ll have to apply for the 40 week or the 42 week and apply for summer accommodation. But I just wanted to make sure that I wasn’t going completely mad and that I’m missing something. I also have no clue how to apply for summer accommodation and when I’ll need to apply for it.
My daughter got a 51 week contract for her first year (undergraduate) at Man Met Last year. It was through one of the university accommodation partners not the university. There were others in her flat from different universities who were also on 51 weeks contracts.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by MizzyB234
My daughter got a 51 week contract for her first year (undergraduate) at Man Met Last year. It was through one of the university accommodation partners not the university. There were others in her flat from different universities who were also on 51 weeks contracts.

Ahh, thank you. I’ll look at the partnerships with the uni
Original post by Emily345
Ahh, thank you. I’ll look at the partnerships with the uni

The university might have some in certain residences. I belive there were agreement with the partners so that students were offered more reasonable prices - although ideas on what is reasonable may vary.
Reply 4
Original post by Emily345
I am an undergraduate who will be studying midwifery and will only have 3 weeks off in the summer. Looking at the contracts, it seems that I can only get a 51 week contract if I state that I was a postgraduate. There is one accommodation that offers 42 weeks. I’m pretty sure I’ll have to apply for the 40 week or the 42 week and apply for summer accommodation. But I just wanted to make sure that I wasn’t going completely mad and that I’m missing something. I also have no clue how to apply for summer accommodation and when I’ll need to apply for it.

Have you actually contacted the uni to ask them as I didn't think the 51 week contracts were just for postgrad. Mostly postgrad but there will be other undergraduates in the same situation as yours.

You could also ask here https://www.facebook.com/MidSocSU/
Reply 5
Original post by nutz99
Have you actually contacted the uni to ask them as I didn't think the 51 week contracts were just for postgrad. Mostly postgrad but there will be other undergraduates in the same situation as yours.

You could also ask here https://www.facebook.com/MidSocSU/

No I haven’t but thank you, I’ll do that. When going into applying for accommodation, I have to say if I’m undergrad or postgrad and different options will pop up. When picking undergraduate, there is no 51 week contract that pops up and when picking postgraduate, the 51 or 40 week option comes up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending