The Student Room Group

Leaving after only a year

Been here for just shy of a year in September. It’s just not working for me and I’m not in alignment with the ethos. I left my last job due to my contract completion as it was only one academic year.

I’m really desperate to leave my current place. Would it be a bad choice. I’m seriously considering it and I’ve been looking at other schools. I’m just not sure how to tell my manager and whether it’s a bad look to just leave after a year or less than.
If it's not working and it's not right for you.... then it's not right for you. Ask yourself this....

"Will this get better by itself? Will I have to change myself to adapt and make it work? If I do have to change, will I be happy with being the person I'd have to change into?"
Original post by Grim_Squeaker
If it's not working and it's not right for you.... then it's not right for you. Ask yourself this....

"Will this get better by itself? Will I have to change myself to adapt and make it work? If I do have to change, will I be happy with being the person I'd have to change into?"

I’m having to change to fit the role. I’m not finding it easy.
Original post by paperclip90
I’m having to change to fit the role. I’m not finding it easy.

Maybe set yourself a few periodic goals or milestones. That you can reassess your situation upon reaching etc?
I went through a spell of applying for a lot of jobs. The grass can look greener. But it's not always the case. My job was tough. But opening up to people I worked with at the time took a lot off my shoulders. Is there scope to speak to your manager about your options? Maybe colleagues in the same boat?

Either way, your well-being is important.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending