The Student Room Group

Can unis see A Level results when making decisions

Hi guys, I received an unconditional offer from ucl yesterday, which makes me really worried because the results I provided on UCAS are predicted grades based on my AS results, and so far I haven’t sent my full a level results to any unis. I have completed a level at the end of last year, so is it possible that unis could see my grades on their own or the offer is a mistake made by ucl?

Many thanks.
Original post by ZYCccccc
Hi guys, I received an unconditional offer from ucl yesterday, which makes me really worried because the results I provided on UCAS are predicted grades based on my AS results, and so far I haven’t sent my full a level results to any unis. I have completed a level at the end of last year, so is it possible that unis could see my grades on their own or the offer is a mistake made by ucl?

Many thanks.

Exam boards send A level (and other) results to UCAS. UCAS match those results with any current applications and forward those results to any universities with which you have an offer. See here for how this process works.

So, depending on the timings, UCL may have your actual grades.

By the way, you say above "the results I provided on UCAS are predicted grades". For exams which you have not yet taken (or results you do not yet know) at the time you complete your UCAS application, you enter a grade of "pending". Your school/college then replaces this with a predicted grade. Is this what you did? Or did you enter the grades as if they were actual grades? If so, that may have confused UCL, especially if the dates meant you had completed the exams by the time you applied (even though you did not have your grades at that point).
It looks like OP applied last year before his/her final exams with predicted grades, and after results day this year, UCL had already received his grades directly from the exam board, and hence able to give him/her an unconditional offer.
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
Exam boards send A level (and other) results to UCAS. UCAS match those results with any current applications and forward those results to any universities with which you have an offer. See here for how this process works.

So, depending on the timings, UCL may have your actual grades.

By the way, you say above "the results I provided on UCAS are predicted grades". For exams which you have not yet taken (or results you do not yet know) at the time you complete your UCAS application, you enter a grade of "pending". Your school/college then replaces this with a predicted grade. Is this what you did? Or did you enter the grades as if they were actual grades? If so, that may have confused UCL, especially if the dates meant you had completed the exams by the time you applied (even though you did not have your grades at that point).

Yea I put pending for A2 and my school provided the predicted grade. Thank you very much for your help.
Reply 4
Original post by BubblesBB
It looks like OP applied last year before his/her final exams with predicted grades, and after results day this year, UCL had already received his grades directly from the exam board, and hence able to give him/her an unconditional offer.

Wow I didn’t even know this…thank you very much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending