The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

How's Paul Robeson House in London?

I basically will start a semester in SOAS for my master degree and I got a recommendation the Paul Robeson House. I mean the location seems nice but there are some reviews saying about its conditions including cockroaches and I really don't think I can manage them. HELP! where do people usually stay while studying SOAS? any recommendation?
Original post by yenachoi
I basically will start a semester in SOAS for my master degree and I got a recommendation the Paul Robeson House. I mean the location seems nice but there are some reviews saying about its conditions including cockroaches and I really don't think I can manage them. HELP! where do people usually stay while studying SOAS? any recommendation?

Hey!

I'm a master's student at SOAS, I don't live in Paul Robeson but I have a few friends that do. From what I heard they liked it. It has a good atmosphere, ensuite bathrooms and it's a nice walk to campus.

I personally have not heard any stories about cockroaches, but it's always good to look at your options. Privately rented accommodation is always an option and a lot of the people who were not international students chose this option. It can be more expensive than halls when you consider bills and commuting but the further out from central you go the more likely you are to find something more affordable (make sure to get a student oyster card). I recommend doing a search for shared flats in London on Open Rent and Zoopla to get an idea of what's out there for private renting and look at the commute times too! There's some more info on private renting on the SOAS website and you can also email [email protected] with any questions you might have!

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions!

- Monica (MA Social Anthropology)
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending