The Student Room Group

My girl-friends keep mocking me

I'm a guy and I'm in a friendship with two girls. I get the feeling that they're being shady toward me and slightly degrading me. Sometimes shade and teasing are disguised as banter but I don't know if I'm just seeing things or if its just banter. They keep trying to infer that I'm ugly or plain as they keep calling me deluded when I call myself good-looking and they keep talking about how short I am when I'm 5'9. Things they say make me feel **** about my height, as if its something I'm control of, telling me to grow and saying that girls like tall boys and that they personally can never go out with a guy who is short. They also keep inferring that I'm not their type as I was joking about dating one of them (who I like btw) and they laughed so hard which embarrassed me, and the said person said that they only date cute boys. When I tell them about my past girlfriends they look at me like I'm lying and they call me deluded and even said that they don't believe that I've ever had a girlfriend or can get girls and that I look lonely. They've also tried to imply that they think I'm gay as they've said that any guy who associates themselves with girls, they think that person is secretly gay. Also, they continuously try to say I'm weak and that I can fight and I look like something who will beat up easily as I'm short, and I'm sad. Certain ways they treat me sometimes like I'm being creepy when I'm not and even they talk about things in front of me and I try to get involved in the conversation, they call me nosy and tell me that it's women's business. There is a day where they kept mocking me and I felt so rubbish about myself. I don't know if this is undercover teasing and they're making fun of me, or if its just jokes or banter.
At this point where they have that could've possibly made you lose your self confidence, they are not your friends. Making jokes or having banter can be okay until a certain limit. Personally for me, if someone makes a joke out of me that could actually make me insecure, i'd drop them immediately. Another thing, if they exclude you out of convos, that's another no-go. What are friends for, if you were not to interfere with their life? Have they ever given you compliments? made you feel good about yourself? If not, LEAVE. My opinion buddy, find people that makes you know your worth.
Original post by pasqualito
I'm a guy and I'm in a friendship with two girls. I get the feeling that they're being shady toward me and slightly degrading me. Sometimes shade and teasing are disguised as banter but I don't know if I'm just seeing things or if its just banter. They keep trying to infer that I'm ugly or plain as they keep calling me deluded when I call myself good-looking and they keep talking about how short I am when I'm 5'9. Things they say make me feel **** about my height, as if its something I'm control of, telling me to grow and saying that girls like tall boys and that they personally can never go out with a guy who is short. They also keep inferring that I'm not their type as I was joking about dating one of them (who I like btw) and they laughed so hard which embarrassed me, and the said person said that they only date cute boys. When I tell them about my past girlfriends they look at me like I'm lying and they call me deluded and even said that they don't believe that I've ever had a girlfriend or can get girls and that I look lonely. They've also tried to imply that they think I'm gay as they've said that any guy who associates themselves with girls, they think that person is secretly gay. Also, they continuously try to say I'm weak and that I can fight and I look like something who will beat up easily as I'm short, and I'm sad. Certain ways they treat me sometimes like I'm being creepy when I'm not and even they talk about things in front of me and I try to get involved in the conversation, they call me nosy and tell me that it's women's business. There is a day where they kept mocking me and I felt so rubbish about myself. I don't know if this is undercover teasing and they're making fun of me, or if its just jokes or banter.

I mean the obvious thing to do is to stop being friends with them straight away, drop them in the bin. This isn’t banter, it’s straight up bullying and extremely toxic behaviour. Cut them off forever.
Reply 3
These girls aren't your friends, these comments are more than banter they are being cruel. It's difficult to know if you are being creepy towards them, you do like one of them and they clearly don't like you back. I think it would be best for all of you if you found new friends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending